Which Radio should I choose?

  • joe gi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
      I am looking to buy my first pair of GMRS radios and would like some advice.
      I am trying to choose between the Kenwood TK3101K and the Pryme PR 460.

      Is Pryme a reputable company that will be around in 5 years? Has anyone
      compared the distance between the 2 radios? I know the wattage is different
      so I would assume the Pryme would carry further under the same conditions.
      Any advice would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Joe

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
        Joe - You are probably aware of one major difference being the Kenwood does
        not have repeater frequencies. If you are looking for a 2-watt simplex only
        radio, consider also the Midland 75-440. These models and others have been
        mentioned at http://www.popularwireless.com in the various Forums at the
        Bulletin Board.

        Bob

      • Apollo Vii REACT
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          as a Pryme Customer I am happy with their service,
          I have 2 Unit's (ham Radio)
          I brought one unit a while back ago and was out shoping
          drop the radio and broke the LCD send it in and they
          Fixed it NO Charge.

          When that was in for Service I order a back up unit same radio.

          know I have 2 and they work Very good.

          I am sure Pryme will be around
          good luck
          ---
          Apollo VII REACT, Inc Team 4534
          215 Mayer Ct.
          Deerfiled, IL 60015
          Phone 847-236-1955
          Joel Kogen GMRS Call Sgin KAE 6944
          Amateur Radio license KB9WWZ (Techinician )
          (and member of the Lake County RACES/ARES Group)
          Apollo VII REACT Team Bussisness Band WPAR 817
          151.6250 No tone 1wat.
          and use FRS Radio.

          Apollo VII REACT, Inc TEam 4534 Web Page http://www.angelfire.com/il/REACT
          Apollo VII REACT E-mail Address apolloviireact@...

          On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 9:59:29 -
          kb6don wrote:
          >Joe - You are probably aware of one major difference being the Kenwood does
          >not have repeater frequencies. If you are looking for a 2-watt simplex only
          >radio, consider also the Midland 75-440. These models and others have been
          >mentioned at http://www.popularwireless.com in the various Forums at the
          >Bulletin Board.
          >
          >Bob

          Get 250 color business cards for FREE!