Re: Grandfathered GMRS License

  • kc7wsu
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 2, 2013
      So, I found out more about the license. It looks like the license is for a repeater located at our Washington DC office, which is still in use.

      Could I use the license in another part of the country on GMRS Simplex or is the license only good for that geographic area?
      Also, could I get my GMRS License and put up a repeater under my personal license and have everybody else in my company use the company license?

      Regards,

      Chris

      --- In GMRS@yahoogroups.com, "John Murphy" <jmurphy7411@...> wrote:

      > Chris,
      >

      > You could go to the FCC ULS, type in the call and find the callsign, unless
      > you already know it. Then sign into the the ULS and ask for a copy of the
      > license, which should have the original freqs listed on it. By doing that,
      > you stay within the law and only use the license on GMRS freqs that was
      > assigned to the grandfathered license.
      >

      > 73 de KCØJPO/AFA8JP
      > GMRS Licensee WQOW801
      >
      > PopComm Monitoring Station KPC0JPO