uhf radios

  • K1ZXX
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
      Anyone who needs a commercial portable or uhf mobile I have many, motorola johnson icom and kenwood, I can progam them up and send them to you if you like, I have several listings on ebay but thought you may want to ask a question or help from me, not a problem, even have repeaters that all need to go do to rebanding to narrow band, I own a 2-way shop in Connecticut and I am not trying to plug my shop just trying to help out in the group!!!, thanks, I made another group for the vhf motorala maratrac that can be used for the murs channels as well, this has all the info and programming setups for you if you decided to use that band, good luck and Happy Holiday.
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
        More info on the repeaters please.

      • K1ZXX
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
          Ok anyone who would like to know more about repeaters just ask me, you can take 2 mobiles or portables and make a repeater, duplexers are easy to find for cheep on ebay and are not hard to tune, the trick is location location location, if you need a controller you dont need an elaborate system, I have used a program off the internet running on my pc that does all the bells and whistle for free, I have Icom, EF Johnson Kenwood, and Motorola, I can give you my phone # if you like to help you out its a Verizon phone but I wont put it on this group you have to ask me in an email, I don't claim to be the know it all but I do have years of experience with this stuff and can help you make a sound choice for the best possible cost. I do have units that I can sell you so it would be a simple plug and play setup, but these are going to run you around 375$ plus shipping, this would be a small 25watt setup with a simple controller and duplexers ready for you to just plug in and go, the nice thing about these are this, they are just about maintenance free and are very versatile.
          I own a professional 2 way shop that I do service in, working for the state as well as federal, like I said I don't claim to know it all but I can help if you like.