Re: Recommended Bubble Pack Radios

  • Skip
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1 1:20 AM
      The question can't be answered until you specify which repeater, and what CTCSS/DCS/Combination thereof is needed for it.

      Many GMRS repeaters, in order to make sure 'bubblepack' radios cannot use them, use split CTCSS/DCS, or tones which are not part of the 'standard 32 tones' that the bubblepacks have.

      If the repeater you want to use, and have permission to use, only needs one of the 'standard' 32 CTCSS tones, the (few) bubblepack radios that handle repeaters can use it. If it does not, you need one of the commercial radios from ICOM, Kenwood, Motorola, etc, that can be programmed to handle those needs.

    • darren_layton2002@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 20 1:39 PM
        Yo Bigdaadio

        Take a look at Motorola talkabout MR 355R :-)

        Dazz x x x x x

        I am new to this group, so please be bear with me- Is there a 'Bubble pack" cheapie radio that will do a 5mhz split? Thanks in advance.
        Dean