RE: [GMRS] Re: ICF file from IC-f21GM

  • Alex Janis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
      Not true.

      The F21 and F21GM are the same radio hardware. The only difference is the
      CPU firmware on the radios and the F21GM comes with a 600mAh battery, where
      the F21 comes with a 1100mAh or 1650mAh.

      They are the same radio.same build quality; even have the same FCC ID.

      The more versatile could be argued as well. With the firmware on the F21GM
      (and the CSF11 software) you can change some settings in the fly (like PL
      tone) without the software (as you would need with the F21). Through the
      software (and the proper "override" code) the F21GM can also be programmed
      to operate on any frequency between 440-490MHz (just like the F21).

      Only down side on the F21GM is that because of the firmware channel 16 is
      hard set as a SCAN control. It will ignore any channel programming on
      channel 16.

      Alex

      GMRS Outlet

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 6:55 AM
        I just uploaded the backup I made before messing with my radio. It's not factory default
        (some PLs are different, etc.) but it's pretty close.

        Pat

        --- In GMRS@yahoogroups.com, "dkelly1@..." <dkelly1@...> wrote:

        > Would some kind soul who owns one of these GMRS HTs and has the cable
        > and CS-f11 software, please do a read and save of a copy of the
        > default configuration (*.icf file) and post a copy to the group? ICOM
        > support has not been helpful in obtaining one.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dave

      • David Kelly
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1 9:30 AM
          Thanks, Pat. Another of our other fine groupies has sent me what I need. It worked great - loaded and tested five 21s in five minutes.

          Dave