Tampa Area repeater

  • Danny Harmon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
      I have found a repeater in Tampa on 462.700MHz. I have even found it's PL Code and
      successfully keyed it up. But I have never heard anyone actually use the repeater and can't
      seem to raise the owner to ask his permission to use it. One of those systhesized voice
      gadgets welcomes you when you first light it up and broadcasts the time on the hour...
      though it's two minutes slow.
      Anyone out there have any knowledge of this station?

      Thanks,
      Danny Harmon
      Tampa
      WQFE480
    • Bryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
        Try the TampabayGMRS Yahoo Group. The owners name is John. I am not
        sure if he is a member of this group or not.

        Bryan WPUH380
        Auburndale,Fl
        PolkGMRSgroup.org

        --- In GMRS@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Harmon" <distsig@...> wrote:

        > I have found a repeater in Tampa on 462.700MHz. I have even found
        it's PL Code and
        > successfully keyed it up. But I have never heard anyone actually
        use the repeater and can't
        > seem to raise the owner to ask his permission to use it. One of
        those systhesized voice
        > gadgets welcomes you when you first light it up and broadcasts the
        time on the hour...
        > though it's two minutes slow.
        > Anyone out there have any knowledge of this station?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Danny Harmon
        > Tampa
        > WQFE480

      • Bryan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2007
          Here is the link to the Tampa Bay GMRS group.

          This is the link to Polk GMRS group.

          Bryan WPUH380
          Auburndale,Fl
          WWW.PolkGMRSgroup.org
        • Lyle Schultz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2007
            Dan - if the repeater is properly configured it should broadcast its
            station call sign along with the time data. From their you can use the
            FCC USL to chase down the owner.

            EasyLyle - K4TGO - WQCM810