Brain fog

  • Mark Middle Mountain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      I too commonly get up very purposefully to go into another room to do
      something, start thinking about something else while walking, and by the
      time I arrive, have no idea why I went in there. Then I have to stop and
      rethink waht I was doing to logically reconstruct why I would ahve gone into
      that room. I always remember, but it is slow sometime.

      I do crossword puzzles and play bridge to excercise my memory. I think it
      helps, use it or lose type deal. These types of activities are recommended
      even for nonheppers as they age, to keep memory function do things that
      excercise the memory, just like lifting maintains bone density etc.

      I know when I play bridge, I don't play at the level I used to. I used to
      be able to keep good count on all the cards played, and would know exactly
      which cards would be played in the last couple of tricks. Now the trump
      suit and one or two others is about what I can keep track of exactly,
      mostly depend on card sense beyond that. Still enjoy playing and totally
      believe it helps me overall mentally, I just have had to accomodate and be
      at peace with a little loss of sense of control, especially since I play
      online and everyone seems to prefer a fast pace that doesn't leave me time
      to puzzle over and recreate sequences.