Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Tatezi's Day

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 29, 2002
      In a message dated 4/25/2002 5:03:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      patriciajean@... writes:

      > One of the problems with socialized medicine is the increase in taxes to
      > cover it. I think tho that America will eventually go that route, or some
      > sort of makeshift blend of socialized medicine and the current one. I
      > don't
      > think the docs want to give up their big incomes. sucks I know

      To some degree, we already have socialized medicine. Here's the problem, if
      socialized medicine is what we want, then we not only have to raise the taxes
      to pay the docs, but we have to find the money to educate them. You can't
      expect a person to come out of 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, and
      a 4 year residency and be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and pay
      that off with a $50,000.00/year salary. Let's not forget about paying the
      nurses, lab techs, rent, equipment, etc., ad nauseum. So it's not as simple
      as it sounds.
      So much for my lecture on this subject.