remission

  • RLWINNE@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hello all

      Just catching up on all my email and thank you all for the congratulations on
      my husbands remission we still have 6 months to go.

      Marty I think a chat group would help a lot of the people you are talking
      about the ones that have just started the treatment and those that have not
      started yet if it wasn't for this Internet we would not have been as well
      informed by the time we got to the right doctors to start the treatment - all
      information helps and helps a lot.

      Elizabeth you asked if we were doing anything special and what we have done
      is to stay away from fried foods and sweets along with eating more fruits and
      vegetables which we weren't doing before so we are both healthier now. My
      husband has so many of the sides that he is unable to work right now so we
      keep him away from as many chemicals as possible like gasoline and liter
      fluid also household cleaners - everything you smell or touch has to go
      through the liver so we try to lessen the burden on his liver by keeping him
      away from these things. Tylenol is another thing he doesn't take at all. He
      also uses all natural products for personal use like soaps and shaving creams
      ect - none of them have any alcohol in them and I know that has helped also.
      The water thing is no lie you have to drink lots and lots of water to help
      with the sides. Then there is the stress thing - stress is the worst thing
      for this disease so we try to keep him as stress free as possible and that is
      so hard to do - the disease alone is stressful and then comes the treatment.
      I also think the treatment has worked well for him because of the skin
      disease he had which was how we found out he has hepatitis C. Its called
      Porpyria and is blisters on your hands and feet that come when the liver
      can't get rid of all the impurities in your body they come out in these
      blisters but we have that on the run now also. When you have this skin
      disease you have to many red blood cells so that is why he hasn't had the
      anemic problem some people get on this treatment.

      Hope some of this helps you and that we are all able to put this dragon to
      sleep and keep it there - staying positive has helped us also and when you
      hear that work remission it can sure help with the depression that goes along
      with this treatment. Zoloft has helped him but nothing like when the doctor
      said remission - it is a magic word.

      Hang in there everyone and if we can help anyone out there we are here for
      you all. Rejuvenating the liver is the main thing - you have to baby it for
      a while. We are thinking of all of you and your families hoping everyone
      hears the news that we did someday. Hang in there and stay positive.

      Winne