tatezi

  • willem landstra
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 13, 2002
      HI.Send me yr e-mailadres.Willem.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 13, 2002
        Willem...

        Sent it to you offlist a while ago....

        willem landstra wrote:

        > HI.Send me yr e-mailadres.Willem.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Click Here!]

        If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
        each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, And what
        you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys. ~Chief Dan
        George~

      • w.m.landstra
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 19, 2003
          Hi Tat.How are you doing with the TX.Please let us know.Liefs Willem.

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 19, 2003
            Sorry, been fighting puter problems and am gradually getting my puter loaded. New motherboard and wiping my hard drives with all 0s and then low level formatting them seemed to do the trick.

            Week 4...today is my check up and I had my labs pulled on Friday. Doing fine...no sides other than I seem to tired easier than normal...but that could be the hours I'm working too.

            Gotta get out the door to work...now that my computer is up and running other than installing apps, I'll be in touch more often.

            Liefs
            Hi Tat.How are you doing with the TX.Please let us know.Liefs Willem.

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 19, 2003
              Glad you're doing ok on treatment Tats....if getting tired is the worst of it you have it made!! WTG girl.

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 1, 2003
                "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" -
                Anatole France

                I "borrowed" this from PeachStatePam.....some of you might know her from other forums.

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 1, 2003
                  It's wonderful...thank you for sending it to me

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 17, 2003
                    Hi.By reading that I give up email again I feel like hopping on a plane to Chicago and straighten you out.You don.t need a shrink,don.t die with dignity but LIVE with dignity.Willem.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 6, 2004
                      I don't regret doing treatment the second time around...it was much easier with pegasys than with the rebetron. But the biggest difference is that I responded to the pegasys and didn't respond to rebetron. Now if I can sustain that response...

                      We'll be here to help you along....

                      Tatezi

                      Hi Tatezi....we're all praying for a SVR for you.....I know you've cleared that, I just feel it.
                      Huggggs

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 6, 2004
                        Thanks, Carol. It's been a long battle and I hope very much that I can sustain my response. But if not, then I wouldn't hesitate to do treatment again...Willem will always be my inspiration. He did three rounds of treatment and is a sustained responder after the last round.

                        Pumping poisen into your body on a regular basis has to cause ill effects and I've not seen any long term studies on the results of treatment. Willem still can't sleep (maybe it's that studmuffin that he's in love with <g>), but I've not found any effects that have been unbearable.

                        I think I'm going to ask the doctor at county to do a biopsy at my 6 month appointment...haven't had one since '98 and it will be interesting to see if it's changed.

                        Tatezi

                        Hi Tatezi....we're all praying for a SVR for you.....I know you've cleared that, I just feel it.
                        Huggggs

                      • land

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                            Willem...

                            Thanks for the inspiration...it's good to hear positive things about post treatment. We all need to know that there is life after treatment! Too much negativity is not healthy...and sure doesn't lead to healing either physically or emotionally.

                            Liefs

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                              In a message dated 7/6/2004 5:39:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, csean@...
                              writes:
                              I don't regret doing treatment the second time around...it was much easier
                              with pegasys than with the rebetron. But the biggest difference is that I
                              responded to the pegasys and didn't respond to rebetron. Now if I can sustain that
                              response...
                              I remember your stories about round 1. They sounded very much like mine.
                              enough to make you wish you'd never done treatment. You and others have said
                              the same about the peglyiated Interferon. I'm game. Carol, we'll scream at
                              each other.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                                In a message dated 7/7/2004 3:20:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                lands142@... writes:
                                In my case anyway)I.am not so clever as some on the group who know soomuch
                                about drugs,supplements etc.and I rarely comment on it.I just give the group
                                the stupid unscientific things of how I feel ,a joke once in a while and try to
                                give the impression that we should not make live to complicated,love and
                                support each
                                Dear Willem,
                                GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, how would you like to come over
                                here. We could sure use you. In fact the town we live in could keep you busy
                                for years. Congrats!!!!!!! again!!!! Anne

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 7, 2004
                                  Anne,

                                  Even what I call the "riba rage" (but it isn't really rage...it's just my little catchy phrase for the crankiness...please don't anyone misunderstand the expression) was minimal on Pegasys...as soon as I realized it had started we increased my antidepressant and within a month, poof, it was gone.

                                  I had awful problems with the crankiness (what I call Riba Rage) during the year I spent on rebetron. But the doctor I had back then didn't make the connection between the crankiness and the effect of treatment on the neurotransmitters.

                                  My biggest problem (other than platelets and RBC) was that my tongue felt like sandpaper had been used on it for a couple months (and it went away) and my taste buds were trashed ... everything tasted awful to me.

                                  You will be pleasantly surprised at the difference in the two treatments...the doctors at county explained it to me this way...with the rebetron your body was up and down all the time because the interferon only lasted 24 hours and you did a shot every other day...but the Pegs last longer so your body settles in because you don't have the ups and downs.