Question for Doc

  • EnViolet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 13, 2002
      I am working 10-12 hours a day and am really having a problem with extreme
      fatigue. I am considering talking to my doctor for a note to my employer to
      cut back on hours even to 45 a week. Would that be a reasonable request ?
      My question is , does working long hours possibly compromise my immune system
      as it is fighting this virus? I am not currently on treatment.
      thanks

    • Patricia Jean
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 13, 2002
        Carol, I'm no doc but it's my understanding that the riba is used by weight,
        not the interferon. With the peg, i think it's a standard dosing scheme
        regardless of weight. The idea being that the pegylated process allows the
        interferon to release at a constant rate in the body for approximately 5 or
        more days (I forget the exact amount, different articles state differently).

        I did the old combo, every other day, with no skipped days. Yes if you are
        using Peg, you will have a day or more of the interferon not being released,
        and I think a lot of it prolly depends on how your body metabolizes it.

        However if you want more interferon, I'm not sure doing another shot of peg
        is the answer. You could increase the regular interferon (w/docs permission
        of course) but that option I don't think is available on the peg.

        I'm sure Doc has the answer for you, just me rambling and trying to escape
        the kids today! :)

        alley
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 13, 2002
          Hi Carol,
          I'll be interested in seeing what Doc has to say about this. It's
          a topic that used to come up a lot before the pegyalted interferon
          was available. I know at one time (LONG time ago) he recommended
          daily injections of the old interferon to me, but it's the splitting
          up of your weekly dose that I'm not too sure of. Could you get your
          doctor to prescribe the interferon at higher than that old 3mu, 3
          times a week? There is overfill, but I don't know if it's enough to
          make a difference. Is there ANY possibility he would prescribe it to
          you DAILY since you can't get the peg there? It's really crazy. I'm
          sure in England they are using the peg! (I think! Isn't that what you
          were on Sylv?)
          Good luck!

          http://mail.yahoo.com/
        • Doc
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 14, 2002
            Hi Carol,
            What is the dose you are going to be on everyday?..it is worth beginning from a higher dose anyway. Decreasing daily dose will not help at all, even if you get in a extra dose.

            Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG

            Hi Doc

            I'm still waiting to get on the standard combo here in Canada.
            Apparently, there is a screw up with the paper work. My question is:
            since this treatment is dial-a-dose, if I injected half every day and
            used the left-overs on the 7th day, would that increase my chance of
            success? From what I understand, the virus replicates on the days I
            don't inject. I'm about 15 pounds over the limit for one dose, putting
            me in the higher dose category....but I should lose that weight
            quickly. Just wondering if this is an option?

            Thank you
            Carol

          • Gail Samples
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2003
              Do you practice Western type, Ayurvedic (sp?) medicine or a mix of both?

              gail
            • Doc
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 7, 2003
                I practice Modern Medicine, which is same as that practised in the West.

                Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 8, 2003
                  Thanks- I realized that as soon as I hit the send button! Sigh....

                  gail

                  From: "Doc" <gidoc@...>
                  Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:32:17 +0530
                  To: "GIWorld-Hepatitis" <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Question for Doc

                  I practice Modern Medicine, which is same as that practised in the West.

                  Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG

                  Do you practice Western type, Ayurvedic (sp?) medicine or a mix of both?

                  gail

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .