Brachial Neuritis

  • micky
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
      Hello,

      I have a question that might be hep C related, I don't know.
      My cousin in London has hep C and has done interferon/riba tx some time ago.Didn't work, he was left with a thyroid problem and has to take pills for the rest of his life.
      He was fine up to a few months ago when he started feeling really fatigued and now he wrote to me saying that he has a viral infection called Brachial Neuritis and is going through a lot of pain.
      He wants to know if this can be hep C related and wants to know if any of you has had this and what to do.

      May be one of you knows about this condition??
      thanks for your help!

      love and light
      Micky

      ---

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
        In a message dated 3/4/2002 9:19:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, micky@...
        writes:

        > I have a question that might be hep C related, I don't know.
        > My cousin in London has hep C and has done interferon/riba tx some time
        > ago.Didn't work, he was left with a thyroid problem and has to take pills
        > for the rest of his life.
        > He was fine up to a few months ago when he started feeling really fatigued
        > and now he wrote to me saying that he has a viral infection called Brachial
        > Neuritis and is going through a lot of pain.
        > He wants to know if this can be hep C related and wants to know if any of
        > you has had this and what to do.
        >
        > May be one of you knows about this condition??
        > thanks for your help!
        >
        > love and light
        > Micky

        Dear Micky,
        Go to the American Association of Family Practice web site
        (http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001101/2067.html). This will get you started. In
        the meantime, it might be an idea for him to find a VERY good chiropractor.
        Hope this helps.
        LOL,

      • Patricia Jean
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
          I didn't know what Brachial Neuritis was, so I looked it up and I'll share
          the info, sorry tho I can't help you answer if it's hep related.....

          Etiology
          Postulated to be Viral or Allergic Reaction

          Symptoms
          Acute severe Shoulder Pain or arm and neck pain
          Worse at night
          Pain of short duration
          Shoulder weakness follows pain within 1 to 30 days

          Signs
          Multiple shoulder muscle groups involved
          Deltoid muscle
          Rotator cuff muscles
          Biceps muscle
          Triceps muscle
          Electromyogram shows neurogenic atrophy

          Management
          Symptomatic care

          Prognosis
          Full recovery may require 2-3 years
          http://www.fpnotebook.com/ORT15.htm
        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2002
            wow that is what i had symptom wise about 2 years ago! then i found out i
            had hep c