Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment

  • Suzy Balone
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
      its amazing how everyone is different
      I was freezing when I was on combo!! except for when I had hot flashes but
      most of the time I couldn't have enough clothes on. of course I did lose a
      lot of weight and my body is used to body fat which I didn't have much of
      esp. at the end
      Suzy

    • Gail Samples
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
        ----------
        >From: "Edie" <erodriguez7@...>

        > What kind of experience should I expect? Dr. has told me to stop taking
        > all med's except my Zoloft starting first thing tomorrow morning.

        Hurray! No more shots! Everybody is different-some come back quickly from
        their round of treatment, others take longer to recup. I bet the
        sweating/heat stuff will disappear quickly as it sounds like the feverish
        effect you get from interferon. May you reach the sustained response state
        that we all look for.

        gail
      • Gail Samples
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
          ----------
          >From: Mzgee1@...
          >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment
          >Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2002, 4:27 PM
          >

          > Dear Edie, congratulations on finishing!!!! Uh..the sweating
          > thing...beatsme, I'm still doing it and it's been 6 months! The sleep came
          > back pretty soon for me. I don't even take any sleep meds at all now. I
          > have just had my 6 month PCR & am still 'undect.'

          Great news on sustained response!!! I am envious!

          gail
        • Mzgee1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 5, 2002
            Thanks Suzy, me too!

          • runabout_104
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
              Oh Carol and everyone, I truly don't want to seem ungrateful.I am
              truly happy that everything has been favorable. The cirrochiss does
              bother me A LOT.I come from a long line of worrywarts so part of that
              is just "my way".If I don't hv something to worry about, then
              I "think" up something.I do hope the depressioin fades after
              treatment. At least then I should fine out how much is treatment
              related and how much is me having a major problem. Loosing insurane
              so I am not going to have the insurance for the anti-depressants. I
              am going to look into getting assistance with the Medicine Program-
              Anyone had any luck at all with that, or getting the insurance to pay
              for it certain drugs. I know that Paxil is on their list and I wonder
              too how long all this takes to get into effect. I guess they wdn't
              consider me at all until the insurance is gone,whcih I would really
              like to start the process now. Anybody else had any luck with them,
              please ket me know. cher
            • carol
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                Hi Cher....hey I know what it's like to be a worry wart, I'm getting better at it but I've been one all my life too....had a stomach ulcer at age 6....I used to take life too seriously but I've worked on that a lot.....I don't know what the policy is in the USA, but here in Canada I knew I needed to go on anti-depressants which are very expensive....but since I wasn't making a lot of money at the time I qualified for 100% coverage from the Mental Health Society....or whatever they're called. Maybe take a look into that since the US is far superior in their mental health than Canada. Good luck.