Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment

  • Suzy Balone
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
      Edie
      Congratulations on finishing treatment. What a wonderful feeling huh?
      hope your pcr comes back undectable too. that would be another success story
      here for the medicine. take care and keep us posted
      Suzy

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
        its amazing how everyone is different
        I was freezing when I was on combo!! except for when I had hot flashes but
        most of the time I couldn't have enough clothes on. of course I did lose a
        lot of weight and my body is used to body fat which I didn't have much of
        esp. at the end
        Suzy

      • Gail Samples
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
          ----------
          >From: "Edie" <erodriguez7@...>

          > What kind of experience should I expect? Dr. has told me to stop taking
          > all med's except my Zoloft starting first thing tomorrow morning.

          Hurray! No more shots! Everybody is different-some come back quickly from
          their round of treatment, others take longer to recup. I bet the
          sweating/heat stuff will disappear quickly as it sounds like the feverish
          effect you get from interferon. May you reach the sustained response state
          that we all look for.

          gail
        • Gail Samples
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
            ----------
            >From: Mzgee1@...
            >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment
            >Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2002, 4:27 PM
            >

            > Dear Edie, congratulations on finishing!!!! Uh..the sweating
            > thing...beatsme, I'm still doing it and it's been 6 months! The sleep came
            > back pretty soon for me. I don't even take any sleep meds at all now. I
            > have just had my 6 month PCR & am still 'undect.'

            Great news on sustained response!!! I am envious!

            gail
          • Mzgee1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 5, 2002
              Thanks Suzy, me too!

            • runabout_104
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                Oh Carol and everyone, I truly don't want to seem ungrateful.I am
                truly happy that everything has been favorable. The cirrochiss does
                bother me A LOT.I come from a long line of worrywarts so part of that
                is just "my way".If I don't hv something to worry about, then
                I "think" up something.I do hope the depressioin fades after
                treatment. At least then I should fine out how much is treatment
                related and how much is me having a major problem. Loosing insurane
                so I am not going to have the insurance for the anti-depressants. I
                am going to look into getting assistance with the Medicine Program-
                Anyone had any luck at all with that, or getting the insurance to pay
                for it certain drugs. I know that Paxil is on their list and I wonder
                too how long all this takes to get into effect. I guess they wdn't
                consider me at all until the insurance is gone,whcih I would really
                like to start the process now. Anybody else had any luck with them,
                please ket me know. cher
              • carol
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                  Hi Cher....hey I know what it's like to be a worry wart, I'm getting better at it but I've been one all my life too....had a stomach ulcer at age 6....I used to take life too seriously but I've worked on that a lot.....I don't know what the policy is in the USA, but here in Canada I knew I needed to go on anti-depressants which are very expensive....but since I wasn't making a lot of money at the time I qualified for 100% coverage from the Mental Health Society....or whatever they're called. Maybe take a look into that since the US is far superior in their mental health than Canada. Good luck.