Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
      Good luck Judy...I hope you have the chance to do treatment again. I
      loved the affirmation on the bottom of your post.

      Huggggggs
      Carol

      jcmmo@... wrote:

      > Edie,
      >
      > Congratulatons on finishing treatment.
      > I am fighting to get on the Peg.
      > I have cirrhosis and my doc is doing tests
      > to decide if I should do treatment or get ready for a transplant. I
      > want one more chance to wage war against the dragon!!!
      >
      > About the sweating..... it took 2 years, after finishing the combo for
      >
      > my bod to cool off. It feels good to be able to wear a sweatshirt
      > again. I live in Minnesota (alleys favorite state..lol) and I didn't
      > even wear a winter coat for 2 winters!
      >
      > Good luck on your PCR and I hope you never have to do treatment
      > again......
      >
      > hugs,
      > Judy
      >

      > http://community.webtv.net/jcmmo/Affirmation
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
        Mzgee
        Congratulations on yur 6 month pcr being undectable! That is wonderful news.
        Hope it stays that way.
        Suzy

      • Suzy Balone
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
          Edie
          Congratulations on finishing treatment. What a wonderful feeling huh?
          hope your pcr comes back undectable too. that would be another success story
          here for the medicine. take care and keep us posted
          Suzy

        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
            its amazing how everyone is different
            I was freezing when I was on combo!! except for when I had hot flashes but
            most of the time I couldn't have enough clothes on. of course I did lose a
            lot of weight and my body is used to body fat which I didn't have much of
            esp. at the end
            Suzy

          • Gail Samples
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
              ----------
              >From: "Edie" <erodriguez7@...>

              > What kind of experience should I expect? Dr. has told me to stop taking
              > all med's except my Zoloft starting first thing tomorrow morning.

              Hurray! No more shots! Everybody is different-some come back quickly from
              their round of treatment, others take longer to recup. I bet the
              sweating/heat stuff will disappear quickly as it sounds like the feverish
              effect you get from interferon. May you reach the sustained response state
              that we all look for.

              gail
            • Gail Samples
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
                ----------
                >From: Mzgee1@...
                >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment
                >Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2002, 4:27 PM
                >

                > Dear Edie, congratulations on finishing!!!! Uh..the sweating
                > thing...beatsme, I'm still doing it and it's been 6 months! The sleep came
                > back pretty soon for me. I don't even take any sleep meds at all now. I
                > have just had my 6 month PCR & am still 'undect.'

                Great news on sustained response!!! I am envious!

                gail
              • Mzgee1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2002
                  Thanks Suzy, me too!

                • runabout_104
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                    Oh Carol and everyone, I truly don't want to seem ungrateful.I am
                    truly happy that everything has been favorable. The cirrochiss does
                    bother me A LOT.I come from a long line of worrywarts so part of that
                    is just "my way".If I don't hv something to worry about, then
                    I "think" up something.I do hope the depressioin fades after
                    treatment. At least then I should fine out how much is treatment
                    related and how much is me having a major problem. Loosing insurane
                    so I am not going to have the insurance for the anti-depressants. I
                    am going to look into getting assistance with the Medicine Program-
                    Anyone had any luck at all with that, or getting the insurance to pay
                    for it certain drugs. I know that Paxil is on their list and I wonder
                    too how long all this takes to get into effect. I guess they wdn't
                    consider me at all until the insurance is gone,whcih I would really
                    like to start the process now. Anybody else had any luck with them,
                    please ket me know. cher
                  • carol
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                      Hi Cher....hey I know what it's like to be a worry wart, I'm getting better at it but I've been one all my life too....had a stomach ulcer at age 6....I used to take life too seriously but I've worked on that a lot.....I don't know what the policy is in the USA, but here in Canada I knew I needed to go on anti-depressants which are very expensive....but since I wasn't making a lot of money at the time I qualified for 100% coverage from the Mental Health Society....or whatever they're called. Maybe take a look into that since the US is far superior in their mental health than Canada. Good luck.