Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
      WTG Edie!!! About the sleeping....I'm not even on treatment yet and
      have terrible trouble sleeping, even with sleeping pills. I'll either
      just lay awake, or go to sleep for an hour and wake up and wide awake
      for hours. It's very frustrating and I'm always tired cuz I don't get
      the proper sleep. Some of it could be meno too, who knows.

      Carol

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
        Good luck Judy...I hope you have the chance to do treatment again. I
        loved the affirmation on the bottom of your post.

        Huggggggs
        Carol

        jcmmo@... wrote:

        > Edie,
        >
        > Congratulatons on finishing treatment.
        > I am fighting to get on the Peg.
        > I have cirrhosis and my doc is doing tests
        > to decide if I should do treatment or get ready for a transplant. I
        > want one more chance to wage war against the dragon!!!
        >
        > About the sweating..... it took 2 years, after finishing the combo for
        >
        > my bod to cool off. It feels good to be able to wear a sweatshirt
        > again. I live in Minnesota (alleys favorite state..lol) and I didn't
        > even wear a winter coat for 2 winters!
        >
        > Good luck on your PCR and I hope you never have to do treatment
        > again......
        >
        > hugs,
        > Judy
        >

        > http://community.webtv.net/jcmmo/Affirmation
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Suzy Balone
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
          Mzgee
          Congratulations on yur 6 month pcr being undectable! That is wonderful news.
          Hope it stays that way.
          Suzy

        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
            Edie
            Congratulations on finishing treatment. What a wonderful feeling huh?
            hope your pcr comes back undectable too. that would be another success story
            here for the medicine. take care and keep us posted
            Suzy

          • Suzy Balone
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
              its amazing how everyone is different
              I was freezing when I was on combo!! except for when I had hot flashes but
              most of the time I couldn't have enough clothes on. of course I did lose a
              lot of weight and my body is used to body fat which I didn't have much of
              esp. at the end
              Suzy

            • Gail Samples
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
                ----------
                >From: "Edie" <erodriguez7@...>

                > What kind of experience should I expect? Dr. has told me to stop taking
                > all med's except my Zoloft starting first thing tomorrow morning.

                Hurray! No more shots! Everybody is different-some come back quickly from
                their round of treatment, others take longer to recup. I bet the
                sweating/heat stuff will disappear quickly as it sounds like the feverish
                effect you get from interferon. May you reach the sustained response state
                that we all look for.

                gail
              • Gail Samples
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
                  ----------
                  >From: Mzgee1@...
                  >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Post Treatment
                  >Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2002, 4:27 PM
                  >

                  > Dear Edie, congratulations on finishing!!!! Uh..the sweating
                  > thing...beatsme, I'm still doing it and it's been 6 months! The sleep came
                  > back pretty soon for me. I don't even take any sleep meds at all now. I
                  > have just had my 6 month PCR & am still 'undect.'

                  Great news on sustained response!!! I am envious!

                  gail
                • Mzgee1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2002
                    Thanks Suzy, me too!

                  • runabout_104
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                      Oh Carol and everyone, I truly don't want to seem ungrateful.I am
                      truly happy that everything has been favorable. The cirrochiss does
                      bother me A LOT.I come from a long line of worrywarts so part of that
                      is just "my way".If I don't hv something to worry about, then
                      I "think" up something.I do hope the depressioin fades after
                      treatment. At least then I should fine out how much is treatment
                      related and how much is me having a major problem. Loosing insurane
                      so I am not going to have the insurance for the anti-depressants. I
                      am going to look into getting assistance with the Medicine Program-
                      Anyone had any luck at all with that, or getting the insurance to pay
                      for it certain drugs. I know that Paxil is on their list and I wonder
                      too how long all this takes to get into effect. I guess they wdn't
                      consider me at all until the insurance is gone,whcih I would really
                      like to start the process now. Anybody else had any luck with them,
                      please ket me know. cher
                    • carol
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 11, 2002
                        Hi Cher....hey I know what it's like to be a worry wart, I'm getting better at it but I've been one all my life too....had a stomach ulcer at age 6....I used to take life too seriously but I've worked on that a lot.....I don't know what the policy is in the USA, but here in Canada I knew I needed to go on anti-depressants which are very expensive....but since I wasn't making a lot of money at the time I qualified for 100% coverage from the Mental Health Society....or whatever they're called. Maybe take a look into that since the US is far superior in their mental health than Canada. Good luck.