Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Insurance

  • martine
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2002
      well I guess with me not having any VA benefits, puts me in the plunger catagory, guess better start packing house is going next,thank you for your reply.
      ((((((((((( hugs ))))))))
      martine how do I find out when that big March in june in WASH. D/C ,does anyone know?
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2002
        ----------
        >From: AVansi7465@...

        > Unless my husband's insurance license is a fraud, no insurance company (at
        > least in Va.-the laws vary state to state) can refuse to insure you. They
        > can refuse to insure pre-existing conditions. So you should have been able
        > to get mortgage insurance that would have covered everything BUT death due to
        > HCV.

        Thanks Anne, interesting concept! I will look into this option.

        gail
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 6, 2002
          In a message dated 2/5/2002 6:39:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          gailsamples@... writes:

          > Thanks Anne, interesting concept! I will look into this option.

          Dear Gail,
          Let me know what you find out.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 27 6:33 AM
            Had this link tucked away and maybe it might have some information to help you.

            http://www.patientadvocate.org/

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
              You know, I was thinking about being a two person company and not getting insurance due to pre-existing conditions.

              I have friends who have a small family business...it was 4 people until my friend sold it in preparation of retiring...now it's just 2 people.

              They have been diagnosed since the late 90s. When they were getting ready to sell the company they realized their current Humana HMO would cost too much. A year+ ago after much research they switched to a blue cross blue shield plan...existing conditions weren't a problem and they had coverage right away.

              Have you checked into BCBS?