Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Insurance

  • martine
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
      in refference to the insurance co. wont cover our hep-c , I am so sick and tired of paying this and paying that for the later years , and now that we have thron out our hard earned money at them for 20 years they are turning us down, well tell you what, no m matter how long the govt. and insurance co. keep pushing this diseasee under the rug , they will have no control when it breaks out in the main stream, since we are broke from all this we have NO money left for our care ,they cutting there nose to spite there face, sinve we have 8 mil, people positve,and climbing, its just a matter of time before they HAVE to do something, this reminds me of the AIDS epedemic, it makes me sick for the govt.and ins. CO.'s are getting away with this , but sooner or later , we wont be able to pay so THEY will have to .the day is comming for them, wethaer they want it or not.
      Martine
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
        In a message dated 2/4/2002 9:01:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        photoart@... writes:

        > HAVE to do something, this reminds me of the AIDS epedemic, it makes me
        > sick for the govt.and ins. CO.'s are getting away with this , but sooner or
        > later , we wont be able to pay so THEY will have to .the day is comming for
        > them, wethaer they want it or not.
        > Martine

        Dear Marine,
        I was part of the medical profession when the first AIDS patient was
        diagnosed. You want the truth? No, they don't have to do anything, just
        like they didn't then. They can sit around with their collective thumbs up
        their butts and let us die. That's the way life goes. Our only hope is the
        VA because the government will, to some degree, back up it's soldiers, but
        don't hold out a lot of hope for that either.

      • martine
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 5, 2002
          well I guess with me not having any VA benefits, puts me in the plunger catagory, guess better start packing house is going next,thank you for your reply.
          ((((((((((( hugs ))))))))
          martine how do I find out when that big March in june in WASH. D/C ,does anyone know?
          photoart@... writes:

          > HAVE to do something, this reminds me of the AIDS epedemic, it makes me
          > sick for the govt.and ins. CO.'s are getting away with this , but sooner or
          > later , we wont be able to pay so THEY will have to .the day is comming for
          > them, wethaer they want it or not.
          > Martine

        • Gail Samples
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 5, 2002
            ----------
            >From: AVansi7465@...

            > Unless my husband's insurance license is a fraud, no insurance company (at
            > least in Va.-the laws vary state to state) can refuse to insure you. They
            > can refuse to insure pre-existing conditions. So you should have been able
            > to get mortgage insurance that would have covered everything BUT death due to
            > HCV.

            Thanks Anne, interesting concept! I will look into this option.

            gail
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 6, 2002
              In a message dated 2/5/2002 6:39:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              gailsamples@... writes:

              > Thanks Anne, interesting concept! I will look into this option.

              Dear Gail,
              Let me know what you find out.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 27, 2004
                Had this link tucked away and maybe it might have some information to help you.

                http://www.patientadvocate.org/

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
                  You know, I was thinking about being a two person company and not getting insurance due to pre-existing conditions.

                  I have friends who have a small family business...it was 4 people until my friend sold it in preparation of retiring...now it's just 2 people.

                  They have been diagnosed since the late 90s. When they were getting ready to sell the company they realized their current Humana HMO would cost too much. A year+ ago after much research they switched to a blue cross blue shield plan...existing conditions weren't a problem and they had coverage right away.

                  Have you checked into BCBS?