Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Digest Number 790

  • Karen Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2002
      Cheri,
      I thought they did not stop you peg unless you absolute neutril get to below 1.5. My wbc not on peg is sometimes only 2.9 due to the hep c. Did you say he was giving you lithium to raise yur wbc. If you did be very careful with the lithium it can screw up your electrolytes and make you toxic. You should have the levels check very often . Even though lithium is a trace mineral found sometimes in our system, it is a nasty little pill to take if you're not bipolar with lots of sides.
      Karen
      PS Lots of docs won't give neupogen or procrit. I don't know about the dangers but the prices are outlandish something like $2,000 a month. Uless you have lots of liver damage I wouldn't get desperate about the peg, you can always wait until something else comes along, that's what I'm doing.
      Karen