Hey everyone

  • Edie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hello everyone:

      You never guess what I just did? I just picked up the LAST 4 weeks worth of my combo medications and made my appt. for my follow-up post-treatment biopsy (yuck on the biopsy!)

      The end is in sight! What an interesting year this has been. I've lost 41 lbs now and of course, my hair has taken a beating and I look like a pale vampire. But, except for the Amantadine decrease, I have had no other dose reductions and my blood work seems to be holding steady.

      Edie
      Week 45

    • Lorad8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
        Way to go Edie! Just remember that good news can come out of the doctor's
        mouth! We will be thinking of you.
        Lora
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
          CONGRATULATIONS EDIE

          What a relief for you to see the end in sight now....I do like that weight loss, the one positive thing for me to focus on....although I'd prefer a different diet lol. You're almost done...I'm almost starting. It's great to have read your progress reports along the way...it really
          helps. Way to go Edie!!!

          Carol

          Edie wrote:

          > Hello everyone:
          >
          > You never guess what I just did? I just picked up the LAST 4 weeks worth of my combo medications and made my appt. for my follow-up post-treatment biopsy (yuck on the biopsy!)
          >
          > The end is in sight! What an interesting year this has been. I've lost 41 lbs now and of course, my hair has taken a beating and I look like a pale vampire. But, except for the Amantadine decrease, I have had no other dose reductions and my blood work seems to be holding steady.
          >
          > Edie
          > Week 45

        • Patricia Jean
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
            Edie fantastic!!!!!!! Great job. I'm proud of you :)

            alley
          • Gail Samples
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
              ----------
              >From: "Edie" <erodriguez7@...>

              > Hello everyone:
              >
              > You never guess what I just did? I just picked up the LAST 4 weeks worth
              > of my combo medications

              Hope you stay undetectable!!! Your hair will come back just fine.

              gail
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 17, 2002
                Yep, I'm reading the messages but still not getting any mail....so glad things are well with everyone.

                It's weird not getting mail from the list...sure hope it starts soon. For a while there was no mail at all, but that does happen sometimes....sure am glad I checked at yahoogroups.

                All you responders....I'm so happy for you...and envious. My best friend of over 30 years is waiting for the results of her 6 month post test. She hit the Hep C lottery...2b and responded and was off tx in 6 months.

                I've read some posts on blood pressure while on treatment. Is this common? I don't remember discussing it before and it didn't happen with me so I don't have personal experience.

              • Doc
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 17, 2002
                  Hi Tatezi,
                  Good to see you back.
                  I saw that you had to re-subscribe to the List. Sometimes yahoo does not deliver mail because of previous bounces, so be sure to check your Email preference and reactivate Email if required.

                  Dr Sharat Misra MD,DM,FACG

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 18, 2002
                      --- Tatezi <tatezi@...> wrote:>
                      > I've read some posts on blood pressure while on treatment. Is this
                      > common? I don't remember discussing it before and it didn't happen
                      > with me so I don't have personal experience.

                      I didn't have any problems with blood pressure while on treatment,
                      and it's not something I ever seen any discussion of either. That
                      would lead me to believe it's not a common problem with treatment,
                      although it might be a problem for some. Also, it's possible blood
                      pressure problems during treatment could be caused from another drug
                      being taken - like Effexor for depression. Especially the extended
                      release form - it can raise both blood pressure and pulse. Anyone who
                      is taking Effexor really needs to make sure that their BP is being
                      monitored.

                      http://mailplus.yahoo.com