How Green Tea May Fight Inflammation

  • Patricia Jean
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2002
      How Green Tea May Fight Inflammation

      http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020128/hl/tea_1.html

    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
        Hi Alley how are you doing? Hi to everyone hope all
        is well with all of you. I have not been on much
        lately just a series of "Shit Happens". I even
        crashed Windows on my computer Sunday morning took me
        till 4:30 am Monday morning to reload and reprogram it
        all. LOL, I backed it up a bit to far.
        Connie

        http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • Go Friend
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
          For those desiring the polyphenols found in green tea
          without the caffeine, there is an alternative to
          decaff green tea. Figs.

          Similar polyphenols as found in green tea are also
          found in red wine, hence it's purported beneficial
          effects in limited amounts (offset by detremental
          effects of large amounts :-) An alternative to red
          wine besides fresh red grape juice? Figs.

          Figs are a rich source of minerals, more than any
          other common fruit or vegetable, an excellent source
          of dietary high quality fiber, and did I mention,
          polyphenols?

          Hence I eat 2-3 figs daily. Would advise it for anyone.

          http://auctions.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
            Hey Alley

            How you doing? Are you back on interferon now? How's your HCV status?

            I'm going for the biopsy next Thursday, Feb. 7th. They want to keep me in
            there for 5 hours after....yik. Got a friend who's going to come and keep me
            company and drive me home. GI doc has started the paper work for treatment,
            which in Canada, as you will remember, is still the old therapy. I figure if
            my biopsy isn't too bad, I could always stop treatment if it's too rough. If
            biopsy is bad, then I'm already on treatment. Still not prepared for this
            though....even after all this time. Got a foot of snow here, which is
            unusual for Vancouver. After snow goes, I go wig shopping.

            How long does it take for hair to fall out? I was reading a website about
            hair growth stuff and it said if you have liver or thyroid disease, the stuff
            wouldn't work. So there it is. Now we know why our hair is
            thinning....something to do with the liver. I think I'll buy a couple of
            wigs at the least LOL.

            Carol

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
              Hey everyone! I'm still around :)

              I just saw my surgery oncologist today. He says I'm healing well and
              released me to do the treatment. I have started yet, earliest for me will be
              in 2 weeks I have an event scheduled weekend after next that is already paid
              for and I don't wanna miss. Then, just get thru a month of the IV Interferon
              and I think I'll be OK. After that, it's only 10mu 3 times a week shots I
              give myself (the first month IV 20mu ick).

              My hcv is same-oh same-oh. My 6th mo post treatment pcr was positive for the
              virus :( which sucks but at least I tried and I feel so very lucky that my
              liver is in pretty good shape. My gastro offered me Peg, but I said ohhh
              noo, I got plenty of interferon coming my way for a year haha. If this
              doesn't get rid of the virus, nothing will!

              Carol - good luck on your biopsy!!!! 5 hours wow! Definitely take a friend.
              the laying around after is boring. I'll keep my fingers crossed your biopsy
              is so good you don't even need treatment!! Did you find out your genotype
              and viral load? I forgot.

              My hair thinned and just got very dull, like dishwater about the 5th mo and
              for several months thereafter. It doesn't fall completely out, just thins
              "usually" (you know it's always different for everyone but usually it's
              nothing that some hair color or new do wouldn't fix). I had almost waist
              length hair but I was shedding so bad, and so tired while I was working on
              treatment that I didn't want to spend the energy even combing out my hair
              and drying it, so I chopped it all off. After this round of treatment, I'm
              letting it grow back out. Oh, and it all came back after treatment, just
              like nothing happened. I certainly never needed a wig. It just looked very
              limp and dull. A little Clairol and I was happy.

              I'll see if I can find some "before" and "after" pix. I should have taken a
              pix of me right before I cut my hair, but I do have some with it just below
              my shoulders and one after I cut my hair and highlighted it. I miss my long
              hair!

              I don't know what makes the hair fall out. Maybe doc knows?

              Connie - crashes suck! I had a worm virus in 8 of my windows programs the
              other day. Luckily Norton's found them. Then hubby takes the old Norton's
              off my puter, to put on the new Nortons and bam! my puter won't do the new
              Norton's. So I went to Cnet.com to get Innoculate, but it's not free
              anymore, so I got something else, till I can get Nortons back on here.

              Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm fighting a sinus/migraine the past few
              days but that's normal with all our up and down, hot and cold weather we get
              (76F today, down to the 40's tomorrow ick!)

              Hugs all!
              Alley
            • Patricia Jean
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
                but figs taste like ca ca! :))

                alley
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 29, 2002
                  Hi Carol
                  Well lately my hair has fallen out double time. I
                  have maybe 1/10 of it. Each time I brush, comb or
                  pull back I have a bunch of new missing hair. I want
                  to shave me head, just get rid of the fine stuff that
                  is there and start all over. The longer hair was the
                  first to go. Have been on Meds 1 yr this time and
                  sure do see a difference in the amount of hair loss
                  versus 6 months. Good luck on biopsy.
                  Take Care, Connie

                  http://auctions.yahoo.com
                • Suzy Balone
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2002
                    Hang in there girl, boy it sure sounds like you have been thru the wringer
                    so to speak.
                    I will never complain again lol
                    hope that you are able to tolerate those big doses and that they work will
                    pray they do.
                    YOu are an upbeat optimistic person and thats the type of personality it
                    takes to clear it
                    plus lots of support if there is anything that I can do besides pray let me
                    know
                    Suzy