Attn: Carol OT re computer

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      Carol...

      To properly run Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP you should have at least 64mg
      ram. The newer versions of Windows (listed above) use around 20mg to
      just run the operating system. If you only have 32mg and are crashing
      all the time, I'm sure that is the reason. And if you are going to do
      any type of graphics work you need a minimum of 96mg ram.

      Don't let them give you the run around at the shop. Your 32mg ram is
      probably onboard ram (built into the motherboard) or a single chip and
      if it were bad, you're computer wouldn't boot at all. They just don't
      make memory chips any smaller than 32mg any more. And memory is very
      inexpensive right now...I recently bought 128mg ram chip at Comp USA for
      around $100. If all you are using is mail and a browser, just getting an
      additional 32mg chip to bring you up to 64mg would make a world of
      difference. But be sure to price the memory...it might be cheaper to get
      a larger chip and would benefit you more in the long run.

      Good luck!

      Blessings
      Tatezi

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        Thanks Tat...It amazes me that the sellers of this very popular compi
        store don't tell me that. But then, they were so busy when I bought
        this, that I had to grab a guy just to write up the order. I am a
        DUHHH, I kinda knew at the time I should have at least 64mg...but
        stupid me thought if they are selling the compi with that, it should
        do me since I don't load heavy stuff on it. You are absolutely right
        Tat, I need to add another 64mg...on top of the 32, that should do
        it...I just read that memory prices went up again, I will keep your
        price of $100 in mind when I deal with them...and I will ask about the
        price difference in a bigger chip or just an addition. Doesn't matter
        to me, since they're going to be re-formatting hard drive and I'll
        lose a lot of stuff anyway. Don't worry, I am going to copy onto
        floppies anything important. Connie or Claudine suggested that
        one...good idea. Especially since I just recently bought a game that
        I just downloaded, don't want to lose that. I'm not a heavy gamer
        either, but like a few of them.

        Thanks again Tatezi
        Carol