Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] re teeth/eye problems

  • martine
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
      it was a dental implant ,( mis- spelled the first time ).and it coost about 9.000 dollars, but with all the money that i have saved not getting crowns and so what nots, i have saved alot of money, I have had this done over 7 years and not a problem with a dentist since.
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
        Anne, that is an excellent suggestion about checking out a dental
        school, however I know that Vancouver didn't have one. My dentist(s)
        have been trained in Calgary which is about a 12 hour drive.
        Darn..but I will check if any new school has opened. A city the size
        of Vancouver, with 2 major universities should have one. About your
        mom and your aunt, that must have been a terrible situation, having
        the jaw problems. Major Kudos for them getting the implants!! And
        you can put me in the same category for teeth problems as your Mom and
        Aunt. ARGGG it just ticks me off...but that's the way it is. This is
        something I will for sure look into, Thanks Anne.

        Carol

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2002
          Martine...I'm so glad you solved your dental problems. If I hadn't
          taken a 4 year vacation from seeing the dentist, I wouldn't be in such
          bad shape. And I would've known about implants...I had no idea this
          could be done. I wish now I had taken better care of my teeth. Alas,
          I can't afford that much money now, but then if you did it over 7
          years you didn't have to pay the money all at once right? It's
          something for me to think about anyway...at least I know there is an
          option to dentures. I have a tooth missing next to my front tooth
          (long story, but accidental) and I have to wear a bridge when I go
          out. I can't stand it, it drives me nuts! Perhaps I could start by
          getting the one implant? I will consult a Dentist, that's for sure.
          Thanks so much for the info.

          Carol

        • EnViolet@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
            Martine

            Did you have implants to replace all your teeth ? If so, 9000 over the long
            haul is a really good deal, like you said with crowns etc, you end up paying
            this over time anyway

          • martine
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
              yes I did have dental implants after 20 yrs of misery with my teeth, then couldnt have denture ( now glad I couldnt,) because of all my bone loss, so they offered this, it does take about 8 months to get it done , cause there are 2 steps to this procedure,but going through it out wighs all the torture you will have to go through anyway, I havent had a problem since, and I dont need that goop for dentures to stay in.
              HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 3, 2002
                Martine,
                Are the implants real teeth, or something synthetic that won't just
                decay again?
                Claudine

                http://greetings.yahoo.com