Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Claudine o/t

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2001
      Ok, I confess - you lost me. I don't have a clue what
      a illegal page fault is, or what upping the ram to max
      is! Just get it fixed - we will miss you. If it takes
      a while, maybe you can use someone elses computer, or
      one at a library? Don't unsubscribe, just change your
      membership to not to receive mail. Then you can go to
      the web site and read messages, and post from there
      too. Good luck, and happy new year!

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2002
        LOL Claudine. An illegal page fault just closes your email or
        website, but it's a pain in the rear. Upping the ram = adding more
        memory to the hard drive. Thanks for the suggestion of changing my
        subscription to not getting mail, I will do that! I thought I'd have
        to unsubscribe and then resubscribe. This sounds much better. I will
        only be offline for a little over a week so I can handle that. I
        hope! lol.

        Huggggs
        Carol

        claudine intexas wrote:

        > Ok, I confess - you lost me. I don't have a clue what
        > a illegal page fault is, or what upping the ram to max
        > is! Just get it fixed - we will miss you. If it takes
        > a while, maybe you can use someone elses computer, or
        > one at a library? Don't unsubscribe, just change your
        > membership to not to receive mail. Then you can go to
        > the web site and read messages, and post from there
        > too. Good luck, and happy new year!
        > Claudine

        > http://greetings.yahoo.com

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
          Hi Carol,
          Yes, you can put yourself on no mail and read it from the website.
          Regarding your Win 98 , you could try and repair it , as the cd has that option. If you do not use
          any video graphic or serious games, then 128 mb ram should be good for home use , for a processor
          upwards of 400MH.

          Dr Sharat C Misra MD,DM,FACG

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2002
            Thanks Doc

            I would like the mail to still come to me, so I think I'll just leave
            it. As far as your recommendations, that's the problem. I only have
            32mb ram on a 400mgz compi. Although I only use less than 600MB,
            leaving free over 3,000MB I think upping the ram will help with all
            the crashes. Hoping anyway. Since it's still on warranty I'll take
            it to the shop. A compi expert told me that the ram I have might be
            bad, so I shouldn't up the ram until it's verified that ram isn't
            bad. I have another year of free labour on warranty. I just hope I
            can trust them if they say the ram I have is good. Ahhhh, life
            without computers, however did we manage?

            Thanks again
            Carol

            Doc wrote:

            > Hi Carol,
            > Yes, you can put yourself on no mail and read it from the website.
            > Regarding your Win 98 , you could try and repair it , as the cd has that option. If you do not use
            > any video graphic or serious games, then 128 mb ram should be good for home use , for a processor
            > upwards of 400MH.
            >
            > Dr Sharat C Misra MD,DM,FACG

          • Doc
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
              You mean the hard disk when you say 600 mb and 3000 mb, so leaving enough memory space on hard disk
              doesnt help the ram at all.
              If you have a year old pc..you shoud have taken 68 mb ram minimum but the probem with companies is
              that they sell you a new processor but dont give enough ram..and you dont know that much at that
              point of time.

              If its worked for a year , then your 32 mb ram chip is working fine. Dont use mutiple applications
              at the same time or video files unles you have a video graphic card.

              Dont change ram chip , add another 64 mb ram or 128 mb ram chip thats all.

              Dr Sharat C Misra MD,DM,FACG