Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Welbutrin

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2001
      Hi Pat,
      I took Welbutrin for about a year was before the Hep
      C daignosis. The only thing I noticed about it was it
      gave me a vertigo type feeling. You know dizzy but
      not dizzy? Is hard to explain. My Sister is on it
      and Prozac.
      The one they use for smoking cessation is different
      somehow, I think.
      Good Luck, Connie

      --- Galaxy Gurl <galaxygurl@...> wrote:
      > Anyone here take Welbutrin?

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2001
        Forgot to say, I was put on anti-depressants in burn
        unit. They said because the cycle of constant pain is
        why they put you on. They had me on Imipramine, that
        stuff put me right to sleep. Have been on several
        different ones. I don't take them now except for what
        the Elavil 100 mg has in it.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2001
          Wellbutrin and Zyban are the exact same medicine
          although dosing may be different for depression vs.
          quitting smoking. That I don't know. (Being an
          ex-smoker, I think I'd need a larger dose to help with
          not smoking!)

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Karen Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 31, 2001
            I've been on Wellbutrin for 3 years now and I respond better to it than SSRIs. He's right, it gives me more energy but it did take a little while to get the effect from it. Ofcourse I was in a severe depression first and had been in bed for a month but within a couple of months I was better than ever.
            Karen
          • Edie
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2001
              I took Welbutrin and it caused my blood pressure to go sky high! I did not
              react well to it at all. This was only the second time in my life I ever
              had any significant side-effect that caused me to stop taking something.

              I've got a whole bottle or two extra in my cabinet if you are interested.

              Edie
              Week 40 of Combo