Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Maybe someone rem's me

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2001
      Hey - is this Cher? If so, I have been wondering what
      happened to you!

      I'm glad you stuck to your guns and got the peg. Your
      platelet drop is NOTHING. I don't think a dose
      reduction is even recommended until it drops way lower
      than that. I know in the National Institute of
      Health's study of the peg in those with cirrhosis the
      BEGINNING platelet count only had to be at least
      75,000 and they didn't reduce the dose until platelets
      dropped to 50,000. So I don't think you have anything,
      other than your doctor's inexperience, to worry about
      there! If he is doing a viral load check next week
      that is a little strange. Not necessarily bad, but
      most wouldn't check it until week 12, and many won't
      even check until week 24. If you are NOT undetectable
      don't let him use that as an excuse to stop treatment.
      You could still become undetectable, and also staying
      on the treatment may help reverse some damage to your
      liver - if I remember right it was fairly advanced, so
      you can really benefit from staying on even if you
      don't get rid of the virus. Keep trying to get in to
      see a more experienced doctor! It's good to hear from
      you again. I don't know what I'd do if my computer
      quit on me! I'd be lost! Stay in touch, and good luck!

      http://greetings.yahoo.com