Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] bad news Thursday - whine whine whine

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 30, 2001
      No is Rental property. You think work would have to
      have heat or cooling for employees. Like I said even
      though federal law each State has their own rules.
      There is OASHA, have you tried them?

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2001
        Good Alley, it seems your complaining had immediate results hey? I
        don't think they would have done that on their own. Very good, even
        though it's not a permanent solution...now for the HEATING hmmmm, that
        is a basic right and has to be tended to ASAP.

        Went to my PC doc...he had some test results in. Seems I have no
        fibrosis yet which shocked me considering my 20 years of hard drinking
        way back when..when life was more fun LOL. However, my liver and
        spleen are "fatty"...but then the Doc looked at me and said so are
        you. Hmmmm, insulted...yeah. If only ice cream was never invented.
        Gotta quit that habit of mine. No other results yet, will find out
        all on the 19th.

        Huggggggs
        Carol

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2001
          --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
          > Went to my PC doc...he had some test results in.
          > Seems I have no
          > fibrosis yet which shocked me considering my 20
          > years of hard drinking
          > way back when..when life was more fun LOL. However,
          > my liver and
          > spleen are "fatty"...but then the Doc looked at me
          > and said so are
          > you. Hmmmm, insulted...yeah.

          Gee, he could have at least been a little 'tactful,
          lol! But that is great news that you have no fibrosis!
          Did he say how much inflammation was going on?

          Well, maybe it's time to go on a low fat diet, even
          though I HAVE seen studies that show there may not be
          a correlation between body fat and 'fatty' liver.
          Still, there is probably more of a chance it WILL
          help, than it won't, and fatty liver can cause a lot
          of problems too. I know it's hard at first, but
          non-fat stuff, like skim milk and non-fat ice cream or
          yogurt, CAN become acceptable. I read once (this was
          in an article about reg. milk vs. skim milk) that if
          you drink(eat) the new item (new being the non-fat)
          for two weeks, your taste buds adjust to the new
          taste, and it will start to taste 'normal' to you. So
          if you do make diet changes, give yourself that
          minimum of two weeks of eating/drinking the non-fat or
          low-fat item before you trash it. I have been on a low
          fat diet for many years now, and I am so used to it
          that if I eat something really greasy it will upset my
          stomach - my whole digestive tract I think! And, it's
          healthier for your whole body too, not just your
          liver.
          Well, good luck! And let us know when you get the rest
          of your test results.
          Take care,

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • alleypat
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 5, 2001
            Carol,

            I am grossly overweight and I thot I would have steatosis (fatty
            liver) but didn't. I've seen totally skinny people with fatty liver,
            wierd.

            Very glad to hear you have no fibrosis!!! That is great! That means
            you needn't worry about treatent in the next 20 to 40 years right? :)
            (Hey I always like to think optimistic).

            So today I'm at the hospital, drinking some really gross white frothy
            stuff for the ct scans and bone scans, and some guy from the company
            I contract for calls me from Calif (I'm in Texas) and leaves a
            message that it's urgent. So I call right back between tests.

            He says I should not have reported the building to the State as
            having no handicap access. He says I should have worked with them to
            get it done. I said excuse me, but what you are saying is like
            telling me it's ok to be "equal but separate".

            I said I have no legal obligation to tell you I'm in a wheelchair,
            permanent or not, as long as I can perform my job and because of
            that, I expect to be able to access where I work regardless of my
            albeit temporary situation. I do not expect to have no way into the
            building if I am not completely ambulatory. I was upset that this guy
            called me trying to run some guilt trip on me. I'm still agast that
            people accept somebody's whining that they have to spend a few bucks
            to make their building legal. Sometimes I wonder what planet am I on?

            It's almost midnite and it still makes me mad to think about it. The
            CRAP some people expect others to put up with is wild! I still can't
            believe it.

            I love ice cream too! Especially malts, but since my little hospital
            stay, my bowels are a little sensitive, getting better and milk
            products are not nice to me lol. Like EVACUATE THE NEIGHBORHOOD ALLEY
            DRANK EGGNOG!!

            Let us know what your results are Carol!

            alley

            --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@y..., Carol <csean@h...> wrote:
            > Good Alley, it seems your complaining had immediate results hey? I
            > don't think they would have done that on their own. Very good, even
            > though it's not a permanent solution...now for the HEATING hmmmm,
            that
            > is a basic right and has to be tended to ASAP.
            >
            > Went to my PC doc...he had some test results in. Seems I have no
            > fibrosis yet which shocked me considering my 20 years of hard
            drinking
            > way back when..when life was more fun LOL. However, my liver and
            > spleen are "fatty"...but then the Doc looked at me and said so are
            > you. Hmmmm, insulted...yeah. If only ice cream was never
            invented.
            > Gotta quit that habit of mine. No other results yet, will find out
            > all on the 19th.
            >
            > Huggggggs
            > Carol
            >
            > AndromedaGurl wrote:
            > >
            > > Well somebody got the message cuz as I sat there at my desk today
            freezin',
            > > the maintenance guy and some other guy came up and told me they
            would be
            > > opening the door the ramp goes to, and putting a placard in front
            of the
            > > ramp for me to park. That doesn't exactly meet with code (at
            least one main
            > > entrance has to be handicap accessible depending on size/number
            of people at
            > > the company) but it's a start.
            > >
            > > I kept getting this "Well you're not permanently disabled." As if
            the
            > > problem will go away when I do? Very frustrating and very
            shortsighted.

            > > alley
            > >
            > > Welcome to GIHepWorld
            > >
            > > Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@y...
            > > Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@y...

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Gail Samples
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 8, 2002
              ----------
              >From: "AndromedaGurl" <andromedagurl@...>

              > And I got a call from my gastro on the way home from work tonight. (I'm
              > not used to hearing directly from a doctor, I forget it means bad news). My
              > 6th month post treatment viral load is up and more than I had when I
              > started treatment.

              Pat-

              Sorry about the relapse. Perhaps the cancer treatment will knock the HCV
              into permanent hiding. I also gained weight during treatment as my thyroid
              zonked out. I lost a lot of muscle, gained fat and retained water. My eyes
              would be swollen in the am, I couldn't wear my wedding ring, & I looked
              about 6-7 months pregnant from the abdominal bloating. Thank God for
              overalls! I couldn't wear any of my jeans. Anyway, sorry again about the
              relapse-it stinks.

              gail
            • Patricia Jean
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 10, 2002
                gail, thank you :)

                The relapse sucks, but I am grateful I am at a stage where I don't have to
                do treatment for hep c unless I want to. And right now, I don't want to!
                haha Got enough other stuff going on.

                I just tell myself, I did what I thot best, gave it a shot. At genotype 1b I
                had no illusions going into treatment about my chances. I knew I was
                fighting against the odds. But fight we must!

                take care

                alley