Thanx for the links & support!!! Claudine

  • Lora
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      Read this
      article on undertreated hypothryoidism:
      http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyroid/library/weekly/aa081499.htm

      The site address, if you
      want to check it out, is:
      http://www.hepcnet.net/forums.shtml

      Claudine said:
      As for waiting for better treatment options, I doubt
      if things will get much better than what is available
      now. Pegasys, the Roche brand of pegyalted interferon
      will be out (hopefully) sometime early next year, but
      after that --- nothing for a long time I think.
      Certainly not any non-interferon based treatments
      anytime in the next several years. Not a whole lot to
      wait on anymore! And treating while the damage to your
      liver is low does help increase the odds of a
      sustained response, in many studies.

      Haven't checked out the sites yet but plan to, also I have to agree about
      not waiting anymore, at least for me. I had planned to start treatment a
      few months back but found out that the Ribaviron hadn't been unbundled
      yet...so I waited. Now that I'm on this temp. disability & with much
      prayer, really seems to be the time to do this. Found out from my insurance
      today that they will cover the tx (treatment), woo hoo! I then contacted
      the pharmacy to see if they carry it & found out that I will need to call to
      get an "Assurance access ID #", they gave me the number to call. So after I
      see my doc in Dec. guess I call the number, get my ID # & take in my
      prescriptions, he said they do the rest. I live in Calif., so don't know if
      this applies everywhere.
      As it looks now, I hope to start in Jan., we'll see....
      Again thank you so much for your support, this group is great, the support &
      info posted are really appreciated!
      Smiles, Lora

      Because Jesus lives!

      ---