Speaking of minds when we hv hep

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
      Wsn't that kind of what we were talking about?? I hv noticed such
      IRRITIBILITLY lately that i can't even stand myself and i wonder what
      it will be when/if i ever do get on the peg. I loose the smallest
      thing and it becomes the biggst thing that ever ws. I know this is
      very extreme, but i become so upset, I walk around the house crying
      and getting myself so upset that i end up upsetting the whole family.
      Is this part of it, strss of the disease, not being able to get th
      medicaton. I hv been told "next week" so many times that i wonder how
      long a damn week is. Anybody else hv this or a remedy to it, Any y in
      the heck does it take sooooo long to get on this medicaton. I called
      my insusurance company today and they said i ws denied on Oct 1 and
      there hs been no more activity since regardng my case. Even hep
      neighborhood who i put so much faith in (and still try too because i
      now they hv done wonders for so many of you) hv told me next week so
      much that when does next week come! I know there were prob a lot of
      ahead of me but if its a month say a month, don't next week me to
      death. Now they r saying as soon a they get the faxed prescripton it
      will be 36 hrs.
      We shall see.
      cher
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
        Yeah Cher that sounds like sytoms can't remeber how to
        spell is another, smile. Hepatitis Neighborhood was
        great they did everything even the 5 miu I get 28 of
        them a month, are all ready to use. They come in a
        syringe ready to use. Susy Babar is the one who
        worked for mine, she is a great person with a lot of
        get up and go. And you have heard tomorrow never
        comes because it is today. Just have some patience it
        will all work out. Take Care, C
        LOL, even spell check doesnt kow how to spell symptoms
        --- cher_002@... wrote:

        http://personals.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
          Yeah - I think it's all that, lol! YOU have been under
          lots of stress lately. So you are not weird or
          anything. Hopefully, when things do finally all come
          together, you will be able to calm down some. Why
          don't you just tell yourself that for the next couple
          of days you are just going to FORGET about it all -
          take a mental vacation, and just 'wait and see'.
          Obviously, getting up set isn't speeding anything up
          anyway! When I get like this, my husband always says
          "CHILL!!!". I try.

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • AndromedaGurl
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
            Irritability is one of my symptoms of the hep. A good antidepressant helped
            a lot.

            alley
          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
              Hey Claudine,
              I just noticed a rash on my right upper thigh. It
              is like, little bumps that can be felt. They are
              raised like. There are bruises on the outside from
              the shots surrounding it. Ever hear ot that.
              LOL, speaking of shots I went down and got it and
              stuck in my ponytail. It just fell loose..........
              Take Care, Connie

              http://personals.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                Don't really know - it doesn't sound like the rash
                Edie has from the amantadine. Could it be the
                'riba-rash' I've heard of? I never had it myself. Are
                you just giving yourself the injections in your
                thighs? Could you switch to somewhere else and give
                your legs a break? (Not your ponytail - I don't think
                you will derive the full benefits of the interferon if
                you inject it into your hair.) I've been told any
                place with lots of fat is ok. It does sound like a
                rash being caused by some sort of irritation, whether
                it's a reaction to the ribavirin, or heat, or
                something else.

                --- Constance Dickson
                <constance_clearwater_florida@...> wrote:
                > Hey Claudine,
                > I just noticed a rash on my right upper thigh. It
                > is like, little bumps that can be felt. They are
                > raised like. There are bruises on the outside from
                > the shots surrounding it. Ever hear ot that.
                > LOL, speaking of shots I went down and got it and
                > stuck in my ponytail. It just fell loose..........
                > Take Care, Connie

                http://personals.yahoo.com
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                  I also think they should put something in the shot,
                  something to make us want them. My son does them in
                  hip. But they burrrrrrrrrn there, well my thighs do
                  to. ocassionally they don't burn. I try and find what
                  and where to give it and not burn. Anyone else get
                  the fiery burning that makes me cuss? I have had it
                  the first time and this time too. I even rinse the
                  needle off.......Thanks, Take Care, Connie
                  --- claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
                  wrote:
                  > Don't really know - it doesn't sound like the rash
                  > Edie has from the amantadine. Could it be the
                  > 'riba-rash' I've heard of? I never had it myself.
                  > Are
                  > you just giving yourself the injections in your
                  > thighs? Could you switch to somewhere else and give
                  > your legs a break? (Not your ponytail - I don't
                  > think
                  > you will derive the full benefits of the interferon
                  > if
                  > you inject it into your hair.) I've been told any
                  > place with lots of fat is ok. It does sound like a
                  > rash being caused by some sort of irritation,
                  > whether
                  > it's a reaction to the ribavirin, or heat, or
                  > something else.
                  >
                  > --- Constance Dickson
                  > <constance_clearwater_florida@...> wrote:
                  > > Hey Claudine,
                  > > I just noticed a rash on my right upper thigh.
                  > It
                  > > is like, little bumps that can be felt. They are
                  > > raised like. There are bruises on the outside
                  > from
                  > > the shots surrounding it. Ever hear ot that.
                  > > LOL, speaking of shots I went down and got it and
                  > > stuck in my ponytail. It just fell loose..........
                  > > Take Care, Connie

                  http://personals.yahoo.com
                • Constance Dickson
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                    Hi Claudine,
                    I told you about the thing with Kroger, right?
                    Well I have pondered what I want from them, their Risk
                    Management kept asking what I would want from Kroger.
                    Since they scewed up the container recall, which was
                    like a week ago. I am thinking that I will tell them
                    to make a sizable donation for research. I was also
                    told to say all the bills be paid, that involve me and
                    the glass....What Cha Think,....Connie

                    http://personals.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                      --- Constance Dickson <
                      Anyone else get
                      > the fiery burning that makes me cuss? I have had it
                      > the first time and this time too. I even rinse the
                      > needle off......

                      Someone here, WAY back, recommended icing the
                      injection site first, to numb it. I never had the
                      opportunity to try it myself.

                      http://personals.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                        If it was anyone else.... I think in your case you
                        need to put YOUR needs first. Your health and
                        financial circumstances require it! Forget research -
                        get what you can to take care of yourself! It's ok to
                        put your own needs first sometimes.

                        http://personals.yahoo.com
                      • Constance Dickson
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 31, 2001
                          Thanks Claudine but I don't know what to do. I would
                          feel funny about it. Any suggestions from you all?
                          Thruthfully Claudine I thought about it. They are so
                          challenging to me, I guess to make me drop it. I
                          won't because I feel I infected someone, there is
                          nothing worse than that.
                          wrote:
                          > If it was anyone else.... I think in your case you
                          > need to put YOUR needs first. Your health and
                          > financial circumstances require it! Forget research
                          > -
                          > get what you can to take care of yourself! It's ok
                          > put your own needs first sometimes.
                          > Claudine

                          http://personals.yahoo.com
                        • sylvati
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 1 5:39 AM
                            what works for me at times like this is marijuana. I successfully completed
                            peg combo using this and no anti depressants. I'm looking forward to the day
                            when taking my medicine is no longer a criminal activity. love Sylv
                            > Wsn't that kind of what we were talking about?? I hv noticed such
                            > IRRITIBILITLY lately that i can't even stand myself and i wonder what
                            > it will be when/if i ever do get on the peg. I loose the smallest
                            > thing and it becomes the biggst thing that ever ws. I know this is
                            > very extreme, but i become so upset, I walk around the house crying
                            > and getting myself so upset that i end up upsetting the whole family.
                            > Is this part of it, strss of the disease, not being able to get th
                            > medicaton. I hv been told "next week" so many times that i wonder how
                            > long a damn week is. Anybody else hv this or a remedy to it, Any y in
                            > the heck does it take sooooo long to get on this medicaton. I called
                            > my insusurance company today and they said i ws denied on Oct 1 and
                            > there hs been no more activity since regardng my case. Even hep
                            > neighborhood who i put so much faith in (and still try too because i
                            > now they hv done wonders for so many of you) hv told me next week so
                            > much that when does next week come! I know there were prob a lot of
                            > ahead of me but if its a month say a month, don't next week me to
                            > death. Now they r saying as soon a they get the faxed prescripton it
                            > will be 36 hrs.
                            > We shall see.
                            > cher

                          • AndromedaGurl
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 1 7:30 AM
                              Sylv, all, I heard on the radio that the gov is gonna eliminate using
                              marijuana for medicinal purposes completely. I am assuming they do not mean
                              marinol?

                              If i smoked some pot, even during treatment, I'd just eat and sleep
                              hahahaha. And, it gives me a bad headache, I had migraines all thru
                              treatment, don't need anymore haha.

                              But then everything gives me a headache, heck breathing gives me a headache!

                              Anyway, anyone heard about the gov stopping pot?

                              Sorry if I'm incoherent. I have a headache.

                              (couldn't resist! haaaaaaaaaaaaa)

                              Honey not tonight. I have a headache.

                              No washing dishes today. I have a headache.

                              Chocolate is good for headaches ESPECIALLY Halloween chocolate!

                              Chocolate is my friend.

                              chocolate alley
                            • AndromedaGurl
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 1 8:39 AM
                                Connie said <<Anyone else get the fiery burning that makes me cuss? >>

                                Connie, are you letting the interferon warm up before you shoot?

                                I only felt the burn when I either injected too fast, or didn't let the pen
                                warm to room temp before shooting. I let my pen sit out about 15 minutes
                                prior to doing the shot and always did it in a fatty part of my body like
                                thighs and upper arms.

                                When I shot in the arms, I got mild side effects (fever, achey) but not when
                                I shot in the thighs. Gee, wasn't I lucky I had plenty of thigh! haha

                                I did get a small rash now and then at the shot site. My gastro nurse said
                                just move the shots for a while away from that area and it should go away.
                                Eventually they did.

                                I started getting the riba rash the last 2 months of treatment. I itched
                                like mad and doc gave me Atarax for it. Then it went away.

                                (course now I have a constant rash and i think it's from treatment, stopped
                                in april)

                                good luck!

                                itchy alley
                              • Constance Dickson
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 1 11:46 AM
                                  --- AndromedaGurl <andromedagurl@...> wrote:
                                  > Connie said <<Anyone else get the fiery burning that
                                  > makes me cuss? >>
                                  >
                                  > Connie, are you letting the interferon warm up
                                  > before you shoot? Yes
                                  >
                                  > I only felt the burn when I either injected too
                                  > fast, or didn't let the pen. I do
                                  > warm to room temp before shooting. I let my pen sit
                                  > out about 15 minutes
                                  > prior to doing the shot and always did it in a fatty
                                  > part of my body like
                                  > thighs and upper arms. Upper inside thighs about it
                                  for fatty tissue My son does them on hip, still burns.
                                  Maybe I will try my upper arms. Your description is
                                  so uplifting..LOL
                                  Thank You, Itchy Alley

                                  http://personals.yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 1 5:42 PM
                                    Once again Claudine...excellent advice!! I take mental vacations
                                    frequently...or at least I try to. Doesn't always work, but I know we
                                    all need to clear our minds of the clutter that HCV brings. I'm now
                                    at the "wait and see" level...so a nice mental vacation till the
                                    15th. I just wish I'd stop breaking out in strange rashes etc. I
                                    hope that's just stress and not a part of liver
                                    troubles....sssssshhhhh Carol, vacation time...LOL. CHILL

                                    Huggggggggs
                                    Carol

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 1 6:26 PM
                                      Connie, I totally agree with Claudine...you go girl, get it all paid
                                      for, that would be nice.

                                      Carol

                                      claudine intexas wrote:

                                      > If it was anyone else.... I think in your case you
                                      > need to put YOUR needs first. Your health and
                                      > financial circumstances require it! Forget research -
                                      > get what you can to take care of yourself! It's ok to
                                      > put your own needs first sometimes.
                                      > Claudine

                                      > http://personals.yahoo.com

                                    • Constance Dickson
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 2 9:00 AM
                                        Thanks, Carol and Claudine

                                        Find a job, post your resume.
                                        http://careers.yahoo.com
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 10 2:01 PM
                                          I iced the injection site and that cut the burning and the later itching.
                                          More on itching.......I didn't develop a rash at the injection sites, but I
                                          developed a dry skin rash on my back that is still driving me nuts. It comes
                                          and goes. The dermatologist is stumped , along with everybody else. The
                                          general philosophy is: if it's a dry rash, moisturize it,. If it's a wet
                                          rash, use a drying agent. I'm sorry I"m not more helpful.
                                          LOL,

                                        • sylvati
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 11 3:11 AM
                                            Hi Anne

                                            I had this too, especially on my arms & legs, still have it now only not so
                                            bad after a few weeks of stopping treatment. try using oatmeal in the bath,
                                            I use oatmeal instead of soap - no I don't smell, honest!

                                            love Sylv

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 11 9:10 PM
                                              In a message dated 11/11/2001 6:01:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                              sylvati@... writes:

                                              > I had this too, especially on my arms & legs, still have it now only not so
                                              > bad after a few weeks of stopping treatment. try using oatmeal in the bath,

                                              Dear Syl,
                                              Since my sense of taste and smell left with treatment, I wouldn't care what
                                              you bathed in, as long as it stopped the itching. I think part of mine is
                                              exacerbated dry skin, which with me is herititary.........made worse by HCV
                                              and continuing long after treatment. The weather seems to have something to
                                              do with it, too. I don't do cold very well.
                                              I'll try the oatmeal. What ratio of oatmeal do you use to amount of water,
                                              or is this a dump as you run.
                                              Thanks,

                                            • sylvati
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 12 9:24 AM
                                                Hi Anne

                                                I just use a small handful or so, I don't put it in the water straight away,
                                                When my skin is wet I take a small portion, dampen it then use it then scrub
                                                my skin with it, afterwards I soak in the water for a while.

                                                love Sylv

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 14 6:46 PM
                                                  In a message dated 11/12/2001 12:16:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                                  sylvati@... writes:

                                                  > I just use a small handful or so, I don't put it in the water straight away,
                                                  > When my skin is wet I take a small portion, dampen it then use it then scrub
                                                  > my skin with it, afterwards I soak in the water for a while.

                                                  Dear Sylv,
                                                  So you are using as if it were soap. Oddly enough, my Grandmother used to
                                                  make soap out of oatmeal. Maybe I should have paid more attention to that
                                                  recipe. I remember that there was lard in it, which would help my dry skin,
                                                  but that really does NOT smell great.......well I could put myself in the
                                                  oven to dry off and go around smelling like a very large oatmeal biscuit. We
                                                  have to keep our sense of humor here. At any rate, I'll give it a try and
                                                  let you know. I'll try anything once, even Combo.
                                                  LOL,