Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Carol, milk thistle

    Message 1 of 68 , Oct 4, 2001
      Thanks so much for the info, Claudine....I don't know what we'd do
      without you. You are such a good source of material that would take
      me ages to search out...what a lifesaver you are!!! Will start on a
      calcium/magnesium supplement too.

      Hugggggs
      Carol

      claudine intexas wrote:

      > Hi take Maximum Milk Thistle (Siliphos), 240mg, 3
      > times a day. This is a very good product, tested, and
      > is very easily absorbed. I think it's really important
      > to make sure you get a good brand - some herbs, when
      > tested, don't even have what they claim to have in
      > them, so this is something I'm willing to pay a little
      > extra for. I just saw a pretty good article on milk
      > thistle and it listed several brands known to be good.
      > I'll post it. I used to take a cheap one, but didn't
      > feel like it was doing anything. If you are not taking
      > a calcium supplement, and magnesium, you might want to
      > add these. People with liver disease have problems
      > metabolizing these minerals and are prone to
      > osteoporosis.
      > Claudine
      >
      > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
      > > Hi Claudine
      > > How much Milk Thistle do you take? I'm taking 4,500
      > > mg a day,
      > > although the bottle says to take 2 a day, I'm only
      > > taking 1.

      > NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month.
      > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 68 of 68 , Sep 12, 2002
        I will say many a prayer for Connie and her family today as I have since
        meeting her here as I have for everyone with this dreaded disease.
        It seems like she had more than her share of heartaches and physical woes
        but she was always there with a kind word and a funny little saying and yes,
        always so strong. I will miss seeing her posts. I know she is in a better
        place where she will not have to suffer anymore. May we all remember that
        life is short and make the most of it.
        Good-bye Connie
        Suzy