Re: Connie

    Message 1 of 68 , Oct 4, 2001
      He is right, you MUST eat right! You need protein
      foods and veggies! And 1200mg of riba sounds like an
      awful lot for you, especially if you have been loosing
      weight. If he wants to pull you because you haven't
      responded virally take him some info on maintainence
      dosing, and how staying on interferon can help improve
      your fibrosis. You already have an approval for a year
      of meds, right? You might as well use them and
      hopefully get your liver in better condition. I have
      heard of sore mouth, but can't remember exactly in
      connection with what. I think may be a B-vitamin
      deficiency. Also, B vitamin deficiency can cause a
      lack of appetite. Check out this site for some
      sources:
      http://www.cyberdiet.com/foodfact/vitmins/vitmins.html
      Also, I'd take a good B-complex supplement. Just don't
      overdo the Niacin.
      Claudine

      --- Constance Dickson I will do force feed myself some
      red meat,
      > or any meat for that matter. My dinner tonight was
      > cup of Butterscotch pudding and some lettuce plain
      > lettuce no dressing.

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Suzy Balone
      Message 68 of 68 , Sep 12, 2002
        I will say many a prayer for Connie and her family today as I have since
        meeting her here as I have for everyone with this dreaded disease.
        It seems like she had more than her share of heartaches and physical woes
        but she was always there with a kind word and a funny little saying and yes,
        always so strong. I will miss seeing her posts. I know she is in a better
        place where she will not have to suffer anymore. May we all remember that
        life is short and make the most of it.
        Good-bye Connie
        Suzy