Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] just saying hi

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2001
      --- Patricia <andromedagurl@...> wrote:
      > I read an artcle recently about a German hep c study
      > with daily
      > dosing interferon, that said hep c was contracted
      > thru drugs and sex.
      > I just rolled my eyes. Geez.

      If you're talking about that article on treating acute
      HCV, I was rolling my eyes too at the number claiming
      to have gotten it sexually. That number was way too
      high. I figure someone's not being too honest about
      some OTHER high-risk behavior. It might be passed very
      occasionally, in unusual circumstances, sexually, but
      not that often!

      Can't wait to hear about the article. We can't seem to
      get a newspaper interested in HCV here. At least not
      yet. When the numbers come rolling in from the recent
      blood donations maybe someone will take notice!

      Glad to hear you are hanging in there. When is your 6
      mo. PCR due?

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • shshonee@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2005
        Hi folks, just wanted to say hi. I've been soooooo busy lately and I miss chatting with you all.

        The good news lately is that hubby bought a small season ticket packet to hockey. We love going to the games.

        Also, daughter had her first daughter (3rd child). Our first granddaughter, Monday. Brooklyn Michelle was 9lbs 5 oz, 21 inches.

        So ya see, with work, it's been hectic!

        hugs all around, will write more soon

      • avansi7465
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
          Hi Alley:

          We're all glad to hear from you.

          CONGRATS on the granddaughter.........what fun you will have!!!!! And what a lovely name!

          Glad to hear there's another hockey fan out there. My husband, David and I celebrated his 57th birthday last Saturday at an Admirals hockey game. They are an AHL team, now. The only thing I miss about the EHL is playing Richmond. I will never forget the time a Richmond fan poured a beer on John Brophy's head and Armoni suit. He was our coach then. He jumped out of the team box and punched the fan out. Considering how much the suit cost, I can't say that I blame him, but the refs put him off the court for three games.

          Glad all is well and with work, too!

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
            Alley,

            So glad to hear from you! Congratulations on your granddaughter--what a
            beautiful name!

            Glad all is well with you and your job. I've started my own business
            working with the elderly and disabled--much needed, I've discovered!

            Stay in touch,

            lorad

          • avansi7465
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
              Hi lorad,

              I've been doing some work with Tidewater Literacy/Portsmouth Reads. What type of business did you start and where are you..........can I apply for a job?

              Being self employed had it's own set of problems. If I can be of any help, please e-mail any time.

              Good luck,

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
                Hi Anne,

                I'm in the Chicago area and working with Medicare and Health Insurance
                claims, death benefits, bill paying and checkbook balancing. Don't let anyone
                fool you into believing that the new Medicare Part D Prescription program is a
                good one. It has a lot of flaws but should work for the very poor and very
                ill. This is only MY opinion.

                It continues to amaze me that the most complicated governmental programs are
                for the elderly and lower income. How are they supposed to figure things
                out? I help them but often do it pro-bono. I cannot justify accepting money
                from those that have nothing....

                Okay, off my soap box.

                Do you own your own business?

                Lorad

              • avansi7465
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2005
                  Dear Lorad:

                  You are to be applauded. I've read the Medicare Part D plan and you are quite correct. My Mother was better off with N. C.'s homegrown plan than she will be with the Feds plan. She is elderly, but not very poor. I have a degree and am well versed in medical terminology, but some of what they write in the handbook is contradictory. How anyone who doesn't have some background in that or insurance (which my husband has) keeps up with it is beyond me. Okay, now I'll get off my soapbox, too.

                  My contribution to the cause of alleviating the problem has been to tutor students who have a variety of reading problems.

                  Once upon a time, before HCV, I had my own business, repairing microscopes and opthalmic equipment. Obviously, with the HCV that is no longer an option. I closed it down in 1996 and wrote off the last bad debt in 2000, which oddly enough was the account that I started my business with-Naval Hospital Charleston, S. C.

                  I don't have the energy to work at anything full time, but I can see that Tidewater Va. could probably use someone of your expertise and I certainly wouldn't mind volunteering.