Thanks Claudine

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
      Thanks for clearing that whole mess up with the ones that are
      espeiclly "new" to this whole thing, but even a new person can smell
      a rat! If u know what I mean. U know as well as I, that what it all
      comes down to is MONEY and greed!!!!. Not the people with the hep C
      and thier lives--u know that as well as others.
      Even though I know all this to be true, I am still pryaine that this
      will be out in 2 weeeks so i may get on the treament. They know they
      hv us over a bareell and there is nothing we can do about it.

      thank for a telling it like it is pot with no holds back.
      cheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        Well, I wish I could take credit, but I can't. I
        didn't write the article, only posted it! But your
        welcome anyway! (And I agree - money and greed. Makes
        me wonder if the excuse about the manufacturing site
        failing inspection by the FDA is the real reason for
        the delay in the release of ribavirin solo. Maybe they
        have delayed it to allow time for the 'prepack' of
        Peg-Intron and Rebetol to be ready to ship.)

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • cher_002@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 12, 2001
          I hv already been doing most of what u said and I already knew about
          coming off the xanax slowly--just wondered if that ws something I
          needed to do b4 i went on treatment. Wht about pain-if u hv any-what
          do they recommend for that?? Hv u ever seen anybody more excited
          about feeling like crap in their life! hahaha I know It's going to
          get me, but the only way I am coming off this is if they make me for
          some reason or another and then I am putting uup a fight!! Yea, I am
          getting my mind set for that too. Thanks Claudine and u all will be
          hearing from me, If everythihg goes right with the ins then I should
          be on withing a weeks' time and hep neighborhood will be shipping my
          meds to me. So far they hv been great to me. Drinking lots of
          distilled water as much as i can stand. Wish me well as I do all of
          you.
          cher
        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 12, 2001
            Cher,

            Good luck and maybe you won't feel so bad one never knows, but the reality
            is some side effect will probably come your way. Hang in there and good
            luck
            Suzy

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 25, 2001
              Thanks Claudine--I will no longer any more suggest that my ? are
              dumb. It's just u all know so much @ this and I am trying to learn so
              much in such a short period of time. I am actually going to be part
              of a short informal class of hep C for the next 2 weeks @ my clinic
              so I am tryng t soak up all i can and then some. My emphasis will
              mainly be on treatment and how to go about getting it from some of
              these programs if a person hs no insurane and no money. That's y all
              the ?'s about the PCR, biopsy b4 treatment, and so forth. What would
              be the main thing u or anyone else would u tell someone to do who
              came to you and said hey I got this hep C--now what. What would be
              the first thing u or anyone else would tell them. My answer would be
              to try and do all u can to eduacate yourself and get involved in your
              treatment. A couple who were told @ the clinic I go to were told
              their enzymes were high and they thought nohting of it and then the
              counselor told them--don't u know tht it is possible that u cd
              someday die from this. They had absolutely no idea. The group that I
              ride with every morn did not even know there were any treatments
              available until they started riding with me and I started talking
              about it to them. Also, I do know that by tryng to educate these
              people in some of these classes I run the risk of stigmation as we
              all know that goes with the territory, but i feel education,
              awareness, and getting the word out there about early treatment is
              more important than my risk of being stigmatized. In case u are
              wondering this is a methadone setting I am going to be talking to so
              it is not like they hvn't at one time put themselves @ risk at one
              time or another or if they hvn't then they certainly hv forgotten
              where once they come from. If it wsn't me, it cd hv been them just as
              easily and I hope they realize it. We hv had several patients come in
              in over the year that I hv been in the clinic so a lot of them hv not
              taken a hepatitis class and some of the young ones who cd and can
              really be saved with this treatment because they r not old enough yet
              for it to hv turned to cirochiss so they really need to wake up when
              they r told their enzymes r elevated. If anyone knows of a site
              regarding methadone and hep C I wuld appreciated the pass along.
              Thanks Claudine.
              cher
            • AndromedaGurl
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 25, 2001
                Cher,

                Us heppers all started at the beginning, learning about hep. :) Some have
                unfortunately been at it longer is all.

                hugs

                alley
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 26, 2001
                  --- cher_002@... wrote:
                  What would
                  > be the main thing u or anyone else would u tell
                  > someone to do who
                  > came to you and said hey I got this hep C--now what.
                  > What would be
                  > the first thing u or anyone else would tell them. My
                  > answer would be
                  > to try and do all u can to eduacate yourself and get
                  > involved in your
                  > treatment.

                  See, you do know! That is exactly the right anwser.

                  http://personals.yahoo.com
                • runabout_104
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 25, 2002
                    Thank you for easing my mind. I hv never knowingly missed a dose and
                    it really did hv me concerned. I didn't know about the half life of
                    the rebetol so I am not as worried as b4. Believe me, I will be @
                    that drug store 1st thing in the morn. Thanks for the relief.
                    cher