Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] where?

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 25, 2001
      I did see her post. I wonder if she is having hard
      time with pain and exhaustion with working. I feel
      she is pushing herself to hard. I guess you do what
      you got to do. So you lost everything to I see, like
      I said I am not alone.
      My hair this time had been ok till a couple of weeks
      ago man, it is falling out by the handfuls. You can
      see my scalp, its embaressing when you are talking to
      someone and they are looking at your head. Eddie said
      just shave it off, he also said he would do it for me.
      Doc said not to so I won't. I have thought about
      getting a wig, but not in my budget so I will,
      hmmmmmmmm don't know what I will do....LOL

      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 26, 2001
        Hi Connie

        Hmmmmm, I wondered if treatment meant losing hair...I've already lost
        a lot....from stress I guess. It's really thin on top, but the rest
        is thick...so I manage to get by.

        Went to Doctor yesterday, now he's done a 360 turn-around....both my
        ALT and AST levels were double, and I have the red palms which is a
        sign of cirrhosis...so he's sending me to a Gastro, who happens to be
        his brother LOL. He offered to send me to UBC for trials but it's too
        far for me to go. He knew all about the new combo for treatment so I
        guess he's kept up with hep C. news. I feel better now...at least I
        feel validated.

        My appt. with gastro is November 15th...hopefully he'll do a biopsy
        and then we can see whether treatment should be done. I'm really
        leery of the sides...but my doc did agree that the sooner the
        better...I pointed out that it seems to work better pre-meno and
        before cirrhosis. Time will tell.

        Hope Pat is doing okay.

        Carol

        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 26, 2001
          In a message dated 9/26/2001 11:31:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          csean@... writes:

          > My appt. with gastro is November 15th...hopefully he'll do a biopsy
          > and then we can see whether treatment should be done. I'm really
          > leery of the sides...but my doc did agree that the sooner the
          > better...I pointed out that it seems to work better pre-meno and
          > before cirrhosis. Time will tell.

          Dear Carol,
          Both of your facts are true. But in my case, ribavirin brought on instant
          post meno and the treatment, if you react properly, will arrest the
          cirrhosis.
          Good luck and god bless.

          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 17, 2001
            Dear Connie,
            I goofed too. With the move I haven't been keeping up with my e-mail the
            would I usually do. Happy Birthday, dear and many more.
            David got the new house for his,plus two new shirts. I can't top the house
            next year, so I quit. That will have to go down as a multi-year present.
            LOL and HB Anne

          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 17, 2001
              Thanks AB, sounds nice, you will really love a new
              home... well don't worry about being late, it is still
              nice..........Take Care, Connie

              http://personals.yahoo.com