Thanks Claudine

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2001
      Thanks for clearing the terminology up for me. I get so confused with
      it sometimes, but I hv to realize I am a newbie @ this. Anyway, what
      u r saying about telling them i hv decided to wait for the pegatron,
      I hv already done that.Also, what u r saying is EXACTLY what hep
      neighborhood told my husband the other dy when they got my insurance
      info. They said no matter what, DO NOT take the interferon/rebetol if
      i wanted the peg because then the ins company will say u r already
      being treated for that and balk for paying for something else and
      plus they want people who hv never had any sort of treatment b4 for
      the peg. So u r exactly right in what u r saying and what hep
      neighborhood is saying. She told my husband 3-5 weeks, but that ws b4
      all this other stuff went down. I think we r all looking @ some
      really hard times ahead of us in ways we hvn't even thought of yet.
      Oh, by the wy, the issue of me working is no longer an issue anymore
      as i got laid off AGAIN today. Only got to work 2 weeks. We r hving
      lay off all over the area and the 5 states surrounding us. Things r
      going to get really bad, I am afraid.
      cher
    • cher_002@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
        Thanks for clearing that whole mess up with the ones that are
        espeiclly "new" to this whole thing, but even a new person can smell
        a rat! If u know what I mean. U know as well as I, that what it all
        comes down to is MONEY and greed!!!!. Not the people with the hep C
        and thier lives--u know that as well as others.
        Even though I know all this to be true, I am still pryaine that this
        will be out in 2 weeeks so i may get on the treament. They know they
        hv us over a bareell and there is nothing we can do about it.

        thank for a telling it like it is pot with no holds back.
        cheri
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2001
          Well, I wish I could take credit, but I can't. I
          didn't write the article, only posted it! But your
          welcome anyway! (And I agree - money and greed. Makes
          me wonder if the excuse about the manufacturing site
          failing inspection by the FDA is the real reason for
          the delay in the release of ribavirin solo. Maybe they
          have delayed it to allow time for the 'prepack' of
          Peg-Intron and Rebetol to be ready to ship.)

          http://phone.yahoo.com
        • cher_002@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 12, 2001
            I hv already been doing most of what u said and I already knew about
            coming off the xanax slowly--just wondered if that ws something I
            needed to do b4 i went on treatment. Wht about pain-if u hv any-what
            do they recommend for that?? Hv u ever seen anybody more excited
            about feeling like crap in their life! hahaha I know It's going to
            get me, but the only way I am coming off this is if they make me for
            some reason or another and then I am putting uup a fight!! Yea, I am
            getting my mind set for that too. Thanks Claudine and u all will be
            hearing from me, If everythihg goes right with the ins then I should
            be on withing a weeks' time and hep neighborhood will be shipping my
            meds to me. So far they hv been great to me. Drinking lots of
            distilled water as much as i can stand. Wish me well as I do all of
            you.
            cher
          • Suzy Balone
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 12, 2001
              Cher,

              Good luck and maybe you won't feel so bad one never knows, but the reality
              is some side effect will probably come your way. Hang in there and good
              luck
              Suzy

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 25, 2001
                Thanks Claudine--I will no longer any more suggest that my ? are
                dumb. It's just u all know so much @ this and I am trying to learn so
                much in such a short period of time. I am actually going to be part
                of a short informal class of hep C for the next 2 weeks @ my clinic
                so I am tryng t soak up all i can and then some. My emphasis will
                mainly be on treatment and how to go about getting it from some of
                these programs if a person hs no insurane and no money. That's y all
                the ?'s about the PCR, biopsy b4 treatment, and so forth. What would
                be the main thing u or anyone else would u tell someone to do who
                came to you and said hey I got this hep C--now what. What would be
                the first thing u or anyone else would tell them. My answer would be
                to try and do all u can to eduacate yourself and get involved in your
                treatment. A couple who were told @ the clinic I go to were told
                their enzymes were high and they thought nohting of it and then the
                counselor told them--don't u know tht it is possible that u cd
                someday die from this. They had absolutely no idea. The group that I
                ride with every morn did not even know there were any treatments
                available until they started riding with me and I started talking
                about it to them. Also, I do know that by tryng to educate these
                people in some of these classes I run the risk of stigmation as we
                all know that goes with the territory, but i feel education,
                awareness, and getting the word out there about early treatment is
                more important than my risk of being stigmatized. In case u are
                wondering this is a methadone setting I am going to be talking to so
                it is not like they hvn't at one time put themselves @ risk at one
                time or another or if they hvn't then they certainly hv forgotten
                where once they come from. If it wsn't me, it cd hv been them just as
                easily and I hope they realize it. We hv had several patients come in
                in over the year that I hv been in the clinic so a lot of them hv not
                taken a hepatitis class and some of the young ones who cd and can
                really be saved with this treatment because they r not old enough yet
                for it to hv turned to cirochiss so they really need to wake up when
                they r told their enzymes r elevated. If anyone knows of a site
                regarding methadone and hep C I wuld appreciated the pass along.
                Thanks Claudine.
                cher
              • AndromedaGurl
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 25, 2001
                  Cher,

                  Us heppers all started at the beginning, learning about hep. :) Some have
                  unfortunately been at it longer is all.

                  hugs

                  alley
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 26, 2001
                    --- cher_002@... wrote:
                    What would
                    > be the main thing u or anyone else would u tell
                    > someone to do who
                    > came to you and said hey I got this hep C--now what.
                    > What would be
                    > the first thing u or anyone else would tell them. My
                    > answer would be
                    > to try and do all u can to eduacate yourself and get
                    > involved in your
                    > treatment.

                    See, you do know! That is exactly the right anwser.

                    http://personals.yahoo.com
                  • runabout_104
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 25, 2002
                      Thank you for easing my mind. I hv never knowingly missed a dose and
                      it really did hv me concerned. I didn't know about the half life of
                      the rebetol so I am not as worried as b4. Believe me, I will be @
                      that drug store 1st thing in the morn. Thanks for the relief.
                      cher