Undetectable

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
      I dn't mean to be discouraging--plese not at all, but does
      undetectable mean that the virus cannot be detected on any of the
      tests because it hs gone so low. Does this mean it is still there and
      just not detectable or is it completely gone or in some type of
      remission. Do we know the answers to these questions. Like some
      people who hv gone undetectable for yrs --is it in remission or
      completely gone and if there ws severe fibrosis or cirrochis --is
      that still there also only not as bad or what. Just trying to
      understand.
      cher
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2001
        Undetectable can mean both ..absent or too low to be detected. If one is continuously that way then
        the virus may have gone.
        Cirrhosis and fibrosis may however persist as such..like stopped in midtrack.

        Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
          Cher...'undectable' means the viral load is below the detectable range on
          current tests. No, it does not mean you are in remission. My understanding
          is that if a viral load remains undect. for 2 yrs post-TX, you are then
          considerecd to be in remission. The virus may be below the current
          detectable levels but may still be there alive & kickin' waiting to begin
          replicating again. That's why u stay on Tx longer than 3 mos. to help knock
          it down when it gets lower. mzgee