changing of ways

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
      Carol, I too, must change and beginning with water and diet. I hv
      prob ate the wrong things all my life....U know, all that souther
      cooking. Btw--why "instant" oatmenal and not the good ole fashioned
      kind??? Does that mean we get to eat the flavorful instant oatmeal or
      just the instant plain boring kind. Just wondering. Am looking 4
      someththing to eat 4 breakfast.
      cher
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
        LOL, don't ask me I had a can of green beans out of
        the can, I liked them so I figure once you have had
        enough you don't care whats in your stomach just not
        hungry anymore....TC, C
        LOL I am lying I want a BIG steak, I do eat the other
        just want a steak in there not green beens

        http://im.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
          Instant oatmeal has some additives that you don't get with plain old
          oatmeal. Personally I don't care....I eat instant oatmeal all the time.
          I add raisins or dried cherries and always use a ground blend of flax
          seed / almonds / sunflower seeds that was recommended in Dr. Sandra
          Cabot's book, Liver Cleansing Diet. She also has a site at
          http://www.liverdoctor.com/

          Tatezi

          > Btw--why "instant" oatmenal and not the good ole fashioned
          > kind??? Does that mean we get to eat the flavorful instant oatmeal or
          > just the instant plain boring kind. Just wondering. Am looking 4
          > someththing to eat 4 breakfast.
          > cher

          by the way its animals are treated." ~Mahatma Gandhi~

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
            LOL Connie....a thick, juicy steak! awwwww I can taste it now...I wish!

            Thanks Tatezi for your support...yes, baby steps. I know I can't change
            everything about myself overnight...like you said...life-long habits didn't
            happen overnight and isn't going to change overnight. I'll just do my best
            from day to day and not stress about it.

            Cher, I'm new here too and just started drinking water about a month ago,
            before that I didn't drink any water at all. Now I'm drinking about a litre
            and a half, which is about 8-10 glasses. It isn't easy, but I find that I'm
            dehydrated by dinner time and the water goes down quite well. Kool-aid,
            anything like that counts too. We found a natural artesian well that the owner
            lets people take all the water out of it that they want, he doesn't charge
            anything for it....and it tastes soooo good.

            Cher, you sound very stressed by your Dr. situtation....I know it's a bummer,
            but you can't really change anything can you? So, just wait and see what
            happens, maybe your Dr. will have a salesman come in Tuesday and solve all your
            problems. Who knows? Just watch your stress level Cher, if you can't change
            something, you have to accept that fact and hope for the best. Good luck.

            Huggs to all, Carol

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
              --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
              > Cher, you sound very stressed by your Dr.
              ..., maybe your Dr. will have a salesman come in
              > Tuesday and solve all your
              > problems.

              Now there's an idea! Drop of copies of those drug
              approval notices, and 'SUGGEST' to his secretaries
              that they call the sales rep, chew him out for not
              keeping them up to date. Let them take their
              aggravation out on him, not you. The doc seems to
              think it the sales reps responsibility to keep him
              aware of these things, let them be mad at him, not
              YOU!

              http://im.yahoo.com