Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] smart roaches

    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 1, 2001
      Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved out
      of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't stand
      them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually sprays
      the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller coaster,
      so I moved to a house and that took care of that.

      Carol

      AVansi7465@... wrote:

      > Dear Connie,
      > Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "Damnation Alley". I have
      > lived with roaches and gotten rid of them. I'm with every body
      > else..........boric acid.
      >
      > I won't spray my house because I have cats, not to mention me. I've been
      > exposed to enough chemicals, thank you very much. It works every time.
      >
      > If you have mice, too, I have another trick for that, short of a shotgun,
      > which always works, but blows one heck of hole in your floor.
      >
      > If you have a fly problem, or a slug problem put out beer in a glass. They
      > all come running and drown. Just remember to empty them everyday and refill
      > the bowl. They won't come near it if the sense they're dead compadres.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Anne

    • AndromedaGurl
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
        They must be the smart relatives of Texas two-step roaches lol

        We recently had our house treated for roaches, ants and waterbugs. Nowadays
        they do a kind of spray into the walls, a foam stuff that lasts 45 to 60
        days and they put the powder down (which I always use). I was concerned
        because the grandkids live here and I didn't want anything that might harm
        them.

        If you are in an apt, notify the landlord/managers immediately.

        good luck!

        alley
      • AndromedaGurl
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
          My roaches were picky, they NEVER went in those damned baits!
        • AndromedaGurl
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
            Claudine said <<But one
            injection a week, as opposed to 7..... >>

            Yeah but I'd choose the pen over the syringe any day.
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 6, 2001
              In a message dated 9/1/2001 9:32:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, csean@...
              writes:

              > Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved
              > out
              > of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't
              > stand
              > them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually
              > sprays
              > the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller
              > coaster,
              > so I moved to a house and that took care of that.
              >
              > Carol

              Dear Carol,

              You're right, but the same problem can occur if your neighbors next door move
              and the little suckers don't have any food left to eat. Guess who's next on
              the list......you.

              I agree, apartments are worse, BUT having been a landlady who lived on sight,
              I had a STEADFAST rule

              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 6, 2001
                writes:

                > Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved
                > out
                > of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't
                > stand
                > them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually
                > sprays
                > the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller
                > coaster,
                > so I moved to a house and that took care of that.
                >
                > Carol

                Dear Carol,
                Sorry my husband came in and put his hand on the wrong button.

                Anyway, my rule was the house is bug free, now. You're the new tenant, if
                you bring them in and I find them, you will pay for making them disappear.
                No paper bags, no food left on the counter, etc. I DON'T DO ROACHES, and if
                your landlady discovers them, You will wish that you had never met her.

                That was written as a part of the lease.

                Back to practical. Boric acid does work.

                Glad you solve your immediate problem.
                Take care,