Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] smart roaches

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 31, 2001
      --- Tatezi <tatezi@...> wrote:
      > Boric Acid....
      Don't know about GA, but boric acid didn't make a dent
      in my Texas roach population when I still lived in San
      Antonio! I spent a whole weekend putting the stuff
      EVERYWHERE. Nothing, no results! Shortly thereafter,
      the house was burned badly in a fire, that got rid of
      them. That is pretty drastic though, I'd try the roach
      baits first, lol!

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 31, 2001
        How about a club and a Torch. Root them out and then
        burn them up or slug them with the club...LOL...Think
        it would work....I am just renting, and the landlord
        said I could do anything I wanted....LOL.....I think
        he meant painting and stuff what you think?....TC, C

        http://im.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 31, 2001
          Dear Connie,
          Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "Damnation Alley". I have
          lived with roaches and gotten rid of them. I'm with every body
          else..........boric acid.

          I won't spray my house because I have cats, not to mention me. I've been
          exposed to enough chemicals, thank you very much. It works every time.

          If you have mice, too, I have another trick for that, short of a shotgun,
          which always works, but blows one heck of hole in your floor.

          If you have a fly problem, or a slug problem put out beer in a glass. They
          all come running and drown. Just remember to empty them everyday and refill
          the bowl. They won't come near it if the sense they're dead compadres.

          Hope this helps.

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 31, 2001
            Peg is convenient to inject once or twice a week..dosage delivered is essentaily similar but higher
            doses can be delivered too.
            I think in Connie's case I would just continue the same regimen as she is tolerating it reasonably
            well till now. Switching to PEG will be easy on her but I dont know if she will be able to get hold
            of it.

            Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 1, 2001
              Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved out
              of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't stand
              them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually sprays
              the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller coaster,
              so I moved to a house and that took care of that.

              Carol

              AVansi7465@... wrote:

              > Dear Connie,
              > Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "Damnation Alley". I have
              > lived with roaches and gotten rid of them. I'm with every body
              > else..........boric acid.
              >
              > I won't spray my house because I have cats, not to mention me. I've been
              > exposed to enough chemicals, thank you very much. It works every time.
              >
              > If you have mice, too, I have another trick for that, short of a shotgun,
              > which always works, but blows one heck of hole in your floor.
              >
              > If you have a fly problem, or a slug problem put out beer in a glass. They
              > all come running and drown. Just remember to empty them everyday and refill
              > the bowl. They won't come near it if the sense they're dead compadres.
              >
              > Hope this helps.
              >
              > Anne

            • AndromedaGurl
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
                They must be the smart relatives of Texas two-step roaches lol

                We recently had our house treated for roaches, ants and waterbugs. Nowadays
                they do a kind of spray into the walls, a foam stuff that lasts 45 to 60
                days and they put the powder down (which I always use). I was concerned
                because the grandkids live here and I didn't want anything that might harm
                them.

                If you are in an apt, notify the landlord/managers immediately.

                good luck!

                alley
              • AndromedaGurl
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
                  My roaches were picky, they NEVER went in those damned baits!
                • AndromedaGurl
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 2, 2001
                    Claudine said <<But one
                    injection a week, as opposed to 7..... >>

                    Yeah but I'd choose the pen over the syringe any day.
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 6, 2001
                      In a message dated 9/1/2001 9:32:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, csean@...
                      writes:

                      > Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved
                      > out
                      > of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't
                      > stand
                      > them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually
                      > sprays
                      > the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller
                      > coaster,
                      > so I moved to a house and that took care of that.
                      >
                      > Carol

                      Dear Carol,

                      You're right, but the same problem can occur if your neighbors next door move
                      and the little suckers don't have any food left to eat. Guess who's next on
                      the list......you.

                      I agree, apartments are worse, BUT having been a landlady who lived on sight,
                      I had a STEADFAST rule

                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 6, 2001
                        writes:

                        > Anne these are great suggestions. I don't have roaches, anymore. I moved
                        > out
                        > of an apartment building to get rid of them....drastic yes, but I can't
                        > stand
                        > them. The big problem in apartment buildings is the managment usually
                        > sprays
                        > the vacated apartment near yours, thus they come to you. It's a roller
                        > coaster,
                        > so I moved to a house and that took care of that.
                        >
                        > Carol

                        Dear Carol,
                        Sorry my husband came in and put his hand on the wrong button.

                        Anyway, my rule was the house is bug free, now. You're the new tenant, if
                        you bring them in and I find them, you will pay for making them disappear.
                        No paper bags, no food left on the counter, etc. I DON'T DO ROACHES, and if
                        your landlady discovers them, You will wish that you had never met her.

                        That was written as a part of the lease.

                        Back to practical. Boric acid does work.

                        Glad you solve your immediate problem.
                        Take care,