Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Peg-Intron-Ribavarian

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2001
      --- cher_002@... wrote:
      u say the ribavarian should be
      > available in just a
      > few weeks. Could be by the 14th of September that
      > this will hv
      > happenened.
      Why don't you call the pharmacy and ask them to get a
      date for you? It's a matter how long it takes Schering
      to ship it to the pharmacy. This is probably a drug
      your pharmacy wouldn't keep in stock anyway, and they
      will have to order it just for you.

      > Well, one more question, wdn't taking the peg-intron
      > alone be useless
      > since the Ribavarian is what keeps "that" in your
      > system longer??

      No, the ribavirin has nothing to do with keeping the
      interferon in your system longer. It seems to help
      prevent relapse. Rather than me try to explain how
      they THINK it works (since it doesn't work on it's
      own), I'll just post an article about it. However, by
      the time your doctor gets the paper work done on the
      Peg-Intron, getting the ribavirin shouldn't be a
      problem. The pharmacy can probably order both for you
      at the same time. (These are not drugs that most
      pharmacies keep in stock.)

      http://im.yahoo.com