it's me again

  • cher_002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
      Thanks Andromedagurl-I am so glad u cleared it. Everytime I hear of
      someone clearing especially someone who had a harder type to treat
      than mine gives me lots of hope. I just wish I had caught this b4 it
      got to the cirrohis. But I guess it's better that than the necrossis
      cause u can never get that back and i used to think with cirrochis
      that ws true also, but am finding out different. I hv symptons also--
      joints hurting, fatiuqe, and my urine lately hs been doing some
      strange things. You give me hope and I am glad u caught yours in
      time. Like i had mentioned b4, my freind had type 1a and she cleared
      and I think she ws in way worse shape than I am, but she is such a
      strong person mentally and phsically and she really had the right
      attitude. She said she ws going to beat it from the get go,---Me---i
      just get so damn scared and start hving all these doubts and get to
      thinking the worst right off the bat--my friend never wavered though.
      Her point of view ws either she ws goign to slow it way down it she
      ws going to clear it and damned if she didn't!!
      cher
      Please anyone that can offer advice suggestions, please do so. Oh,
      Claudine, this afternoon I'll post those other blood work u
      mentioned, but i think everything is normal there at least from what
      I can tell by looking up on the computer--of course the dr is not
      very forthcoming but he didn't mention that anything else ws high and
      yes, I get copies of everything they will let me hv...blood work,
      labs, everything. Can't wait to see what the psch will say in her
      report but i do know it will be favorable for me to take the medicine.
      thanks to all who put up the links to check things out --very helpful.
      If possible, I am going to get the medicine from this dr and then I
      am going to ask for a transfer to UVA where I know they deal more in
      this and I would just feel more secure all around. I just don't know
      how much this dr deals in this and i plan on asking my next trip
      around to him.
      cher
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
        Quick thought. If your urine is changing color....especially to a darker
        color, you might want to have your dr. give you an ultrasound. You could
        have a gall stone that is backing up the bile duct into your liver. That
        would explain a lot of your lab values.
        Just a thought. And you can live without a gall bladder. You can't live
        without a liver.
        Your choice of UVA is an excellent one. That must mean that you are in VA.
        If you said that before, I missed it.
        More later,

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
          Dont forget dark urine maybe due to the onset of jaundice

          Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          Quick thought. If your urine is changing color....especially to a darker
          color, you might want to have your dr. give you an ultrasound. You could
          have a gall stone that is backing up the bile duct into your liver. That
          would explain a lot of your lab values.
          Just a thought. And you can live without a gall bladder. You can't live
          without a liver.
          Your choice of UVA is an excellent one. That must mean that you are in VA.
          If you said that before, I missed it.
          More later,

          Start here...

          Height:
          345678 ft 01234567891011in

          Weight:
          lbs. kg.

        • AndromedaGurl
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
            That's a good suggestion from Anne.

            Also, hep c can affect your kidneys. It certainly has mine, prolly
            indirectly but has nonetheless.

            good luck

            alley