Jessie/motivation

  • srw1954@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2001
      Hi Jessie,
      Not feeling motivated and wanting to stay in bed does happen to be one
      classic symptom of depression. Have you had your thyroid (TSH) checked since
      coming off treatment. My TSH levels were fine while on treatment, and at the
      end of treatment my viral load was non-detectable. The first couple of
      months after ending treatment I was starting to feel better, but then fairly
      quickly started feeling tired and unmotivated by about the third month or so
      after ending treatment. My hep doc thought maybe the virus had come back so
      he ordered a PCR test, as well as the thyroid test (he always checked them
      together). I sweated bullets waiting for the results of the PCR test to come
      back, thinking I'd have to go through treatment again because I was a
      non-responder. Well, it turned out, my PCR was still non-detectable, but my
      thyroid had shut down! It's not uncommon at all for the thyroid to shut down
      partially or fully a few months AFTER ending treatment (if it didn't do it
      while ON treatment).
      So, now I'm taking levoxyl (synthroid is a brand name) and I'm doing fine. I
      last had my PCR checked back in February '01 (9 months after ending
      treatment), and I'm still non-detectable. I'm going in for a liver
      ultrasound this Wednesday and having all of my blood work checked (except for
      the PCR) as a routine follow-up check-up. I'll have my PCR checked annually,
      which means next February '02.
      So, my advice is to get your thyroid checked if your having those symptoms.
      I hope this helps.
      Take care,
      Sara