Anxiety

  • Edie Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
      Hello everyone:

      This week has been tough on me. I am experiencing extreme anxiety and can't hardly stand it.

      Dr. has been switching me from Zoloft to Wellbutrin to Serzone and back to Zoloft. But, it takes 4 weeks for the medicine to kick in, so in the meantime, he put me on Buspiron.

      I tell you, the Buspirone isn't acting quick enough! I am up/down/up/down/up/down and can't concentrate worth a beans.

      Is there some OTC or herbal thing I can try? I've already done the hot baths and relaxation thing and it didn't help.

      I did call my dr. and he told me to call him on Monday if I am not feeling better. I've had this anxiety for 6 days in a row, and I don't like it at all.

      Edie

    • AndromedaGurl
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
        oh Edie sounds like a hellacious roller coaster!

        Some people do well on milk thistle.

        But you can't go jumping around on anti d's and expect em to work. I don't
        understand the reasoning, unless one isn't working and you quit it? None of
        them are gonna cover everything, it's more a 'best fit' thing.

        good luck hope you feel better real soon :)

        alley
      • Mzgee1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
          YES! Ask your doc for an anti-anxiety...they work immediately (well, 20 mins.
          or so) Perhaps xanax or valium or another anti-anxiety. As far as OTC
          meds...you can try taking some Benadryl (if you're not allergic to it)
          That's the active ingredient in most OTC sleep aids etc. Orsleepytime tea
          has kava kava in it....very relaxing. But if you're that anxious, then ask
          for the real deal. No need to suffer with anxiety on top of everything else.
          God bless, mzgee

        • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
            I haven't e-mailed this list in a long time. I have been off treatment
            for almost 8 months. I went for my 3 month blood work everything came
            out good. It is almost been 8 months and I just don't want to go back
            for my 6 month blood work I don't know if I am frighten or what. I hated
            being on treatment and at the same time felt luckie to be on it (if that
            makes any since). When I first got off treatment I felt great full of
            energy loved life and people. Know it is a effort to get out of bed and
            do anything I don't feel bad just no energy. I also have the bone thing
            in my neck shoulder and wrist. I just wish the motivation to do anything
            would come back. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe you could
            tell me what you do for it.
            Jessie

            E-Z DOES IT
          • AndromedaGurl
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
              Jessie... so good to hear from you!

              <<. I just wish the motivation to do anything would come back. Does anyone
              else have this problem? Maybe you could tell me what you do for it.>>

              I whine about it all the time. In fact, today of all days, I'm really down
              about it. I'm tired of hurting, of being so tired I can't DO things normal
              people can do, of not feeling "in control" even tho I know it's a mind game,
              I want to FEEL I can control myself, my feelings, my body (mostly), I'm
              tired of having to plan what I do, how much I do, plan to make sure I'm not
              stuck out in the heat more than a few seconds, plan that my rides are all
              ac, that someone else cools the car off before I get in it, planning meals
              and grocery lists so I can get the right foods cuz someone else usually has
              to do the shopping, tired of spending money on my car so I can get to work
              so I can spend more money on my car so I can get to work, tired of trying to
              be normal and not succeeding.

              Ever have one of those days? Well today is MINE you can't have it haha.
              Schedule yours later.

              Jessie, my doc told me it could take up to 6 months to get this shit out of
              our systems. Problem is, I had less pain ON treatment than OFF. Now I'm
              returning to how I felt before treatment and it sucks.

              Be sure your doc knows what is going on with you tho ok? She/he might be
              able to help. However, don't stop drinking the water and resting. Take the
              lows as they come, shoot the curl, hang ten and then some :)

              Hope you feel better soon

              alley
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 11, 2001
                Jessie, your symptoms (no energy, don't want to get
                out of bed, etc.) sound very much like depression!
                Don't suffer, get with your doctor and see if an
                antidepressant might help. As for the bone thing, you
                have to watch for osteoporosis, people who have liver
                disease are more prone to it. A combination of muscle
                relaxers, chiropractic, physical therapy, and rehab,
                have done wonders for my neck and back. Good luck!

                http://im.yahoo.com/
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2001
                  Hi Edie,
                  Ask your doctor for either Xanax or Valium. They
                  work right away and will help all those little things
                  to roll off your shoulders. I'm pretty sure you can
                  take them just when you need them, (or just until the
                  SSRI kick in) and they can be taken along with your
                  SSRI antidepressant (which you take regularly.) Even a
                  low dose will help. Xanax made me a little drowsy, but
                  the Valium doesn't. However, everyone is different.
                  Hope you find the right thing for you!
                  Good luck!

                  http://im.yahoo.com/
                • Suzy Balone
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 14, 2001
                    Jessie, I can relate, somedays I have all kind of energy, well at least feel
                    like doinf things and then other days just tired, think its the hep, and
                    the weather, am worried about winter though, hate hibernating, so am going
                    to make a plan to get out and do things, (of course I say this every year)
                    At times I think its from not wanting to do anything for so long while on
                    medicine, before that I always wondered what the matter was, I'm thinking
                    maybe an antidepressant year round does'nt sound like a bad idea, just hate
                    taking pills and would really like to go natural, the wort St. John's
                    doesn't seem to do it for me in the winter though. well take care and hang
                    in there
                    Suzy

                    ps: being scared is fine esp. after what we wwent through on tx.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 14, 2001
                      I think I am going to go to the doctors and get things checked out. I
                      am just not feeling like I think I should.
                      Thanks Guys,
                      Jessie

                      E-Z DOES IT