Have a great friendship day today

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
      Friends

      There once was a little boy who had a bad

      temper.

      His Father gave

      him a bag of nails and told him that

      every time he lost his temper,

      he must hammer a nail into the back of

      the fence.

      The first day the boy had driven 37

      nails into the fence.

      Over the next few weeks, as he learned

      to control his anger,

      the number of nails hammered daily

      gradually dwindled down.

      He discovered it was easier to hold

      his temper than to drive

      those nails into the fence....

      Finally the day came when the boy

      didn't lose his temper at all.

      He told his father about it and the

      father suggested that the boy

      now pull out one nail for each day

      that he was able to hold his temper.

      The day passed and the young boy was

      finally able to tell his father

      that all the nails were gone.

      The father took his son by the hand

      and led him to the fence.

      He said:You have done well, my son,

      but look at the holes in the fence.

      The fence will never be the same.

      When you say things in anger, they

      leave a scar just like this one.

      You can put a knife in a man and draw

      it out. It won't matter how many

      times you say I'm sorry,

      the wound is still there.

      A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

      Friends are a very

      rare jewel indeed. They make you smile

      and encourage you to

      succeed.

      They lend an ear, they share words of

      praise and they always want to

      open their hearts to us.

      A friend is someone who brightens your day with a smile,

      a warm hello, or gentle words from the heart.

      A friend is a precious gift to be cherished

      and nurtured.
      A friend is a treasure beyond worth.

      Have a great friendship day today

      Dr Sharat C Misra

    • AndromedaGurl
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
        today was friendship day? wow and I missed it haha.

        Actually, I spent the entire afternoon with a new friend, a lady from
        Netherlands who has come to visit (not just me but some time with me) and
        it's neat to see my local world thru her eyes.

        Thanks for that Doc

        alley
      • Mzgee1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2001
          hey thanks, Doc! The same back at you!!!! You've been a blessing to all of
          us!

        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2001
            hank YOu very much Doc, it was greatly appreciated.
            Have a wonderful week!
            Suzy