Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management/Doc

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
      Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
      muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
      very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
      when I take it too. Any concerns?
      Claudine

      --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
      > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
      > longer in people with liver disease.
      > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
      > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
      >
      > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
        Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
        not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

        Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
        > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
        > longer in people with liver disease.
        > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
        > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
        >
        > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
          Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
          of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
          was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
          get something on it and let you all know...Connie

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Mzgee1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
            Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
            (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
            good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
              For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
              works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

            • AndromedaGurl
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                hugs to ya

                alley
              • hi99801
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                  Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                  or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                  tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                  is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                  UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                  larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                  aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                  the effects of stress and anxiety.
                  Regards
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                    Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                    hi99801 wrote:

                    > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                    > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                    > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                    > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                    > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                    > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                    > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                    > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                    > Regards
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    [Click Here!]

                  • Lonnie Williamson
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                      I get Mine from ;

                      Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                      2672 West Broadway
                      Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                      (604) 734 4372

                      They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                      or try;
                      http://www.egregore.com/

                      if in the states try;
                      http://www.frontierherb.com

                      Regards

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                        Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                        anyway. LOL.

                        Huggggggs
                        Carol

                        Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                        > I get Mine from ;
                        >
                        > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                        > 2672 West Broadway
                        > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                        > (604) 734 4372
                        >
                        > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                        >
                        > or try;
                        > http://www.egregore.com/
                        >
                        > if in the states try;
                        > http://www.frontierherb.com
                        >
                        > Regards
                        > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                        > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                        > > grow them?
                        > >
                        > > hi99801 wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                        > > and anger. I chew 8
                        > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                        > > needed. They're
                        > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                        > > like soap. Lavender
                        > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                        > > Herbalists in the
                        > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                        > > nervines. In
                        > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                        > > effectiveness as a sleep
                        > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                        > > effective in reducing
                        > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                        > http://games.yahoo.com/
                        >
                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor