Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management

  • Judi
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
      It is highly addictive---It's other name is ativan---Quite similar to valium----
      Judi at judiaa@...
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: rep@...
      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management

      Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My doc wrote me a
      prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you know anything about this
      drug? Thanks again.
      Bob

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
        Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
        muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
        very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
        when I take it too. Any concerns?
        Claudine

        --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
        > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
        > longer in people with liver disease.
        > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
        > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
        >
        > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
          Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
          not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

          Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
          > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
          > longer in people with liver disease.
          > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
          > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
          >
          > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

        • Constance Dickson
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
            Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
            of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
            was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
            get something on it and let you all know...Connie

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • Mzgee1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
              Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
              (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
              good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
                works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

              • AndromedaGurl
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                  good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                  hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                  hugs to ya

                  alley
                • hi99801
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                    Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                    or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                    tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                    is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                    UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                    larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                    aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                    the effects of stress and anxiety.
                    Regards
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                      Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                      hi99801 wrote:

                      > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                      > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                      > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                      > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                      > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                      > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                      > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                      > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                      > Regards
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      [Click Here!]

                    • Lonnie Williamson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                        I get Mine from ;

                        Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                        2672 West Broadway
                        Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                        (604) 734 4372

                        They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                        or try;
                        http://www.egregore.com/

                        if in the states try;
                        http://www.frontierherb.com

                        Regards

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                          Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                          anyway. LOL.

                          Huggggggs
                          Carol

                          Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                          > I get Mine from ;
                          >
                          > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                          > 2672 West Broadway
                          > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                          > (604) 734 4372
                          >
                          > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                          >
                          > or try;
                          > http://www.egregore.com/
                          >
                          > if in the states try;
                          > http://www.frontierherb.com
                          >
                          > Regards
                          > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                          > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                          > > grow them?
                          > >
                          > > hi99801 wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                          > > and anger. I chew 8
                          > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                          > > needed. They're
                          > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                          > > like soap. Lavender
                          > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                          > > Herbalists in the
                          > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                          > > nervines. In
                          > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                          > > effectiveness as a sleep
                          > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                          > > effective in reducing
                          > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                          > http://games.yahoo.com/
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor