Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
      Hi,
      Sorry I think I sent Bob's response to the hep B list.
      Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying longer in people with liver disease.
      I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease, alprazolam is a much better alternative.

      Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
        It is highly addictive---It's other name is ativan---Quite similar to valium----
        Judi at judiaa@...
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
          Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
          muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
          very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
          when I take it too. Any concerns?
          Claudine

          --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
          > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
          > longer in people with liver disease.
          > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
          > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
          >
          > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Doc
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
            Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
            not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

            Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

            --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
            > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
            > longer in people with liver disease.
            > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
            > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
            >
            > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
              Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
              of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
              was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
              get something on it and let you all know...Connie

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Mzgee1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
                (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
                good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                  For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
                  works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

                • AndromedaGurl
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                    good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                    hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                    hugs to ya

                    alley
                  • hi99801
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                      Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                      or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                      tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                      is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                      UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                      larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                      aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                      the effects of stress and anxiety.
                      Regards
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                        Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                        hi99801 wrote:

                        > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                        > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                        > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                        > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                        > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                        > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                        > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                        > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                        > Regards
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        [Click Here!]

                      • Lonnie Williamson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                          I get Mine from ;

                          Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                          2672 West Broadway
                          Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                          (604) 734 4372

                          They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                          or try;
                          http://www.egregore.com/

                          if in the states try;
                          http://www.frontierherb.com

                          Regards

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                            Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                            anyway. LOL.

                            Huggggggs
                            Carol

                            Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                            > I get Mine from ;
                            >
                            > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                            > 2672 West Broadway
                            > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                            > (604) 734 4372
                            >
                            > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                            >
                            > or try;
                            > http://www.egregore.com/
                            >
                            > if in the states try;
                            > http://www.frontierherb.com
                            >
                            > Regards
                            > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                            > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                            > > grow them?
                            > >
                            > > hi99801 wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                            > > and anger. I chew 8
                            > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                            > > needed. They're
                            > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                            > > like soap. Lavender
                            > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                            > > Herbalists in the
                            > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                            > > nervines. In
                            > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                            > > effectiveness as a sleep
                            > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                            > > effective in reducing
                            > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                            > http://games.yahoo.com/
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor