Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management

  • rep@pacinter.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
      Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My doc wrote me a
      prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you know anything about this
      drug? Thanks again.
      Bob

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
        You can look up info on lorazepam at:
        http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/loraz_ids.htm

        It is an anti-anxiety drug

        Claudine
        --- rep@... wrote:
        > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
        > doc wrote me a
        > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
        > know anything about this
        > drug? Thanks again.
        > Bob

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
          Hi,
          Sorry I think I sent Bob's response to the hep B list.
          Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying longer in people with liver disease.
          I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease, alprazolam is a much better alternative.

          Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
          > doc wrote me a
          > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
          > know anything about this
          > drug? Thanks again.
          > Bob

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

        • Judi
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
            It is highly addictive---It's other name is ativan---Quite similar to valium----
            Judi at judiaa@...

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
              Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
              muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
              very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
              when I take it too. Any concerns?
              Claudine

              --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
              > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
              > longer in people with liver disease.
              > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
              > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
              >
              > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Doc
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
                not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

                Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
                > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
                > longer in people with liver disease.
                > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
                > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
                >
                > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                  Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
                  of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
                  was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
                  get something on it and let you all know...Connie

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • Mzgee1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                    Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
                    (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
                    good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                      For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
                      works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

                    • AndromedaGurl
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                        good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                        hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                        hugs to ya

                        alley
                      • hi99801
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                          Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                          or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                          tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                          is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                          UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                          larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                          aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                          the effects of stress and anxiety.
                          Regards
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                            Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                            hi99801 wrote:

                            > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                            > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                            > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                            > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                            > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                            > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                            > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                            > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                            > Regards
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            [Click Here!]

                          • Lonnie Williamson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                              I get Mine from ;

                              Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                              2672 West Broadway
                              Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                              (604) 734 4372

                              They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                              or try;
                              http://www.egregore.com/

                              if in the states try;
                              http://www.frontierherb.com

                              Regards

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                                anyway. LOL.

                                Huggggggs
                                Carol

                                Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                                > I get Mine from ;
                                >
                                > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                                > 2672 West Broadway
                                > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                                > (604) 734 4372
                                >
                                > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                                >
                                > or try;
                                > http://www.egregore.com/
                                >
                                > if in the states try;
                                > http://www.frontierherb.com
                                >
                                > Regards
                                > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                                > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                                > > grow them?
                                > >
                                > > hi99801 wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                                > > and anger. I chew 8
                                > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                                > > needed. They're
                                > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                                > > like soap. Lavender
                                > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                                > > Herbalists in the
                                > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                                > > nervines. In
                                > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                                > > effectiveness as a sleep
                                > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                                > > effective in reducing
                                > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                                > http://games.yahoo.com/
                                >
                                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor