Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Anger management

  • Edie Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
      One question:

      How is the flaxseed eaten? Is it sprinkled over fruit, or how does one
      consume it? I have never eaten flaxseed.

      I would be willing to try this to help control my "interferon anger".

      I suppose this substance would be available in Health Food stores?

      Edie

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
        I make a blend in my old coffee grinder of flaxseed, sunflower seeds and
        almonds and sprinkle it on almost everything I eat. It was a recipe in
        Sandra Cabot's Liver Cleansing Diet book.

        Edie Rodriguez wrote:

        > One question:
        >
        > How is the flaxseed eaten? Is it sprinkled over fruit, or how does
        > one
        > consume it? I have never eaten flaxseed.
        >
        > I would be willing to try this to help control my "interferon anger".
        >
        > I suppose this substance would be available in Health Food stores?
        >
        > Edie

        [Image]

      • rep@pacinter.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
          Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My doc wrote me a
          prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you know anything about this
          drug? Thanks again.
          Bob

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
            You can look up info on lorazepam at:
            http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/loraz_ids.htm

            It is an anti-anxiety drug

            Claudine
            --- rep@... wrote:
            > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
            > doc wrote me a
            > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
            > know anything about this
            > drug? Thanks again.
            > Bob

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • Doc
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
              Hi,
              Sorry I think I sent Bob's response to the hep B list.
              Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying longer in people with liver disease.
              I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease, alprazolam is a much better alternative.

              Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

              > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
              > doc wrote me a
              > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
              > know anything about this
              > drug? Thanks again.
              > Bob

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

            • Judi

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
                  Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
                  muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
                  very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
                  when I take it too. Any concerns?
                  Claudine

                  --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
                  > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
                  > longer in people with liver disease.
                  > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
                  > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
                  >
                  > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • Doc
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                    Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
                    not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

                    Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                    --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
                    > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
                    > longer in people with liver disease.
                    > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
                    > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
                    >
                    > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

                  • Constance Dickson
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                      Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
                      of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
                      was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
                      get something on it and let you all know...Connie

                      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                    • Mzgee1@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                        Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
                        (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
                        good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                          For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
                          works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

                        • AndromedaGurl
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                            good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                            hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                            hugs to ya

                            alley
                          • hi99801
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                              Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                              or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                              tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                              is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                              UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                              larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                              aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                              the effects of stress and anxiety.
                              Regards
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                                Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                                hi99801 wrote:

                                > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                                > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                                > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                                > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                                > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                                > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                                > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                                > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                                > Regards
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                [Click Here!]

                              • Lonnie Williamson
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                  I get Mine from ;

                                  Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                                  2672 West Broadway
                                  Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                                  (604) 734 4372

                                  They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                                  or try;
                                  http://www.egregore.com/

                                  if in the states try;
                                  http://www.frontierherb.com

                                  Regards

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                    Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                                    anyway. LOL.

                                    Huggggggs
                                    Carol

                                    Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                                    > I get Mine from ;
                                    >
                                    > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                                    > 2672 West Broadway
                                    > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                                    > (604) 734 4372
                                    >
                                    > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                                    >
                                    > or try;
                                    > http://www.egregore.com/
                                    >
                                    > if in the states try;
                                    > http://www.frontierherb.com
                                    >
                                    > Regards
                                    > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                                    > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                                    > > grow them?
                                    > >
                                    > > hi99801 wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                                    > > and anger. I chew 8
                                    > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                                    > > needed. They're
                                    > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                                    > > like soap. Lavender
                                    > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                                    > > Herbalists in the
                                    > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                                    > > nervines. In
                                    > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                                    > > effectiveness as a sleep
                                    > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                                    > > effective in reducing
                                    > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                                    > http://games.yahoo.com/
                                    >
                                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor