Anger management

  • Go Friend
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
      Bob -

      I would recommend freshly ground flaxseed daily. It
      is good for high quality fiber, and the omega 3s
      help balance brain chemicals and are great for the
      cardio vascular system.

      I also struggled/struggle with irritability and anger
      for years. The flaxseed really helped, although I
      do lots of other things - try to smell nice things,
      excercise, avoid meats which, having been violently
      killed, carry both the hormones released in the
      fearful animal at the moment of death, and other
      "subclinical" subtler negative energies.

      I play competitive team sports to the point of
      exhaustion at least once a week, which really helps
      as an outlet for aggression.

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Edie Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
        One question:

        How is the flaxseed eaten? Is it sprinkled over fruit, or how does one
        consume it? I have never eaten flaxseed.

        I would be willing to try this to help control my "interferon anger".

        I suppose this substance would be available in Health Food stores?

        Edie

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
          I make a blend in my old coffee grinder of flaxseed, sunflower seeds and
          almonds and sprinkle it on almost everything I eat. It was a recipe in
          Sandra Cabot's Liver Cleansing Diet book.

          Edie Rodriguez wrote:

          > One question:
          >
          > How is the flaxseed eaten? Is it sprinkled over fruit, or how does
          > one
          > consume it? I have never eaten flaxseed.
          >
          > I would be willing to try this to help control my "interferon anger".
          >
          > I suppose this substance would be available in Health Food stores?
          >
          > Edie

          [Image]

        • rep@pacinter.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
            Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My doc wrote me a
            prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you know anything about this
            drug? Thanks again.
            Bob

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 3, 2001
              You can look up info on lorazepam at:
              http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/loraz_ids.htm

              It is an anti-anxiety drug

              Claudine
              --- rep@... wrote:
              > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
              > doc wrote me a
              > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
              > know anything about this
              > drug? Thanks again.
              > Bob

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Doc
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
                Hi,
                Sorry I think I sent Bob's response to the hep B list.
                Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying longer in people with liver disease.
                I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease, alprazolam is a much better alternative.

                Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                > Thanks for the advice. I will try the Flax seed. My
                > doc wrote me a
                > prescription for Lorazapam yesterday, do any of you
                > know anything about this
                > drug? Thanks again.
                > Bob

                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              • Judi

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 4, 2001
                    Doc, what about diazepam? I was just prescribed it for
                    muscle spasms, very low dose, 2mg., and it's working
                    very well! I've noticed I don't get irritated as easy
                    when I take it too. Any concerns?
                    Claudine

                    --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
                    > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
                    > longer in people with liver disease.
                    > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
                    > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
                    >
                    > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                  • Doc
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                      Diazepam is still better than lorazepam and 2 mg dose is a small one but remember if your LFTs are
                      not so good , to cut down the amount of diazepam consumed.

                      Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                      --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
                      > Lorazepam is a long acting tranquilizer staying
                      > longer in people with liver disease.
                      > I woudnt recommend it for people with liver disease,
                      > alprazolam is a much better alternative.
                      >
                      > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

                    • Constance Dickson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                        Over at Krogers Pharmacy is something about some sort
                        of class action suit on Lorazepam, not sure if other
                        was Florazapam. I will go over there later today and
                        get something on it and let you all know...Connie

                        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                      • Mzgee1@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 5, 2001
                          Bob, Lorazepam is Ativan. Like a man-made Valium type drug. I take diazepam
                          (generic valium) Ativan reacts a little different on me, I can't take it.
                          good luck..hope it helps you out. mzgee

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                            For anger management, I recommend taking a break and meditating. It usually
                            works for me unless things get too stupid. LOL, Anne

                          • AndromedaGurl
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 10, 2001
                              good one Anne! Stupidity and anger, not me ever!! hahaha NOT!! Seems to go
                              hand in hand sometimes doesn't it?

                              hugs to ya

                              alley
                            • hi99801
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                                Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                                or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                                tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                                is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                                UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                                larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                                aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                                the effects of stress and anxiety.
                                Regards
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 21, 2002
                                  Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you grow them?

                                  hi99801 wrote:

                                  > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety and anger. I chew 8
                                  > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as needed. They're
                                  > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat like soap. Lavender
                                  > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical Herbalists in the
                                  > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the nervines. In
                                  > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has effectiveness as a sleep
                                  > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be effective in reducing
                                  > the effects of stress and anxiety.
                                  > Regards
                                  >

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                  [Click Here!]

                                • Lonnie Williamson
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                    I get Mine from ;

                                    Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                                    2672 West Broadway
                                    Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                                    (604) 734 4372

                                    They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.

                                    or try;
                                    http://www.egregore.com/

                                    if in the states try;
                                    http://www.frontierherb.com

                                    Regards

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 22, 2002
                                      Thanks Lonnie...I live in Surrey so that's pretty close....in this world
                                      anyway. LOL.

                                      Huggggggs
                                      Carol

                                      Lonnie Williamson wrote:

                                      > I get Mine from ;
                                      >
                                      > Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary
                                      > 2672 West Broadway
                                      > Vancouver, BC, V6K 2G3
                                      > (604) 734 4372
                                      >
                                      > They will mail them to You. 100 grams is lots.
                                      >
                                      > or try;
                                      > http://www.egregore.com/
                                      >
                                      > if in the states try;
                                      > http://www.frontierherb.com
                                      >
                                      > Regards
                                      > --- Carol <csean@...> wrote:
                                      > > Where do you buy the lavender flowers, or do you
                                      > > grow them?
                                      > >
                                      > > hi99801 wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > > Dried Lavender flowers can help reduce anxiety
                                      > > and anger. I chew 8
                                      > > > or 9 or the dried flowers 3 times a day or more as
                                      > > needed. They're
                                      > > > tiny little purple flowers that taste somewhat
                                      > > like soap. Lavender
                                      > > > is recognised by the National Institute of Medical
                                      > > Herbalists in the
                                      > > > UK as one of the safest and most effective of the
                                      > > nervines. In
                                      > > > larger quantities,(1/4 tsp or so), it has
                                      > > effectiveness as a sleep
                                      > > > aid. Used in a long term program, they can be
                                      > > effective in reducing
                                      > > > the effects of stress and anxiety.

                                      > http://games.yahoo.com/
                                      >
                                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor